Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Annecy LFLP Meet-Up 2-4 June 2023

Annecy 3/4 June seems to be happening. I will do a mailshot.

La Rochelle will be some time after that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Does this mean Annecy LFLP has 24hr PN Customs but no Immigration?

Fly-in is happening 3-4 June.

Administrator

Annecy-Meythet IS a an official border crossing point, as written in the law. These AIP sections are very poorly written in France. The people who do so don’t realize that the reader might get doubts here as police = NIL. What they want to say is the the police force is not available at that airport. But at some French airports (including Annecy) immigration duties are (also) fulfilled by Customs.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This is their reply. My bold. Maybe they mean “no immigration is required”

You are welcome in Annecy Airport.
Avgas 100LL is available.
For the flight from UK, 24H is request for Customs. No Immigration.
Please use the enclosed document “Préavis de vol sur l’aéroport d’Annecy” provided for this purpose, in local hours, names of the airports in clear and uncoded, with the number of passengers and any goods to be declared.
Please send it to :

This Customs notice will be immediately recorded and sent to the relevant Customs Brigades.
In case of modifications, simply send the corrected document in the same form.
Find in copy landing and parking fees.
Opening hours
FBO 0600 1700 UTC
ATC 0700 1700 UTC

Administrator

Some AIP/VAC are not up to date or confusing: I think for Annecy they tried to say exactly what Boscomantico said (CLI does immigration on behalf of PAF), they failed miserably in that task…Annecy is definitely POE for immigration (PPF), the list of these as of 2021 is here (not much changed since 2017, except La-Mole added back?)

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:52021XC0512(01)

In winter, Annecy/Chambery become quasi-permanent POE with all those ski flights from Russia/Ukraine

Last Edited by Ibra at 24 May 08:47
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

That all looks good. Can’t see anything relevant on notams either.

A mailshot is going out to all those with email permission set in their profile.

Administrator

We are currently not doing a telegram group for Annecy because that would narrow it down unnecessarily.
I have a spare seat from Shoreham EGKA (for someone fairly compact) and would be staying in Annecy 2 nights Fri-Sun.

Administrator

Around 4 planes going to Annecy. Should be good

Administrator

Annecy has class

Administrator

This turned out to be a super meet-up. We had a great group

I should have got a video of the whole flight including ATC, and including the RNP 04 approach, which looks quite “exciting”. I will post it when I get back and have a chance to edit it.

Due to a dodgy forecast at LFLP for my return flight today I moved the FP EOBT from 9Z to 8Z and I will find out if the police demand a 24hr notice for that too. They are not easy at LFLP… The 24hr PN is enforced strictly. If they do I will re-file for LFAT and to hell with it. They made me wait for an hour or two on my arrival.

Administrator
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message