Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Evening trip to ENSU

All good advice @WingsWaterAndWheels, thanks
And yes, I had some of these Southerly gusts up to 25kts on my previous ENVA visit a few years ago… the Falco I had at the time managed well.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

By the way, if any of you plan to land at Vinnu – ENSU, I strongly recommend to prepare this in details. It is a grass strip not very big at the bottom of a deep valley so that comes with a few potential challenges… If you need help, you can ask me I’ll be happy to answer any question and give you some tips.

And if you come to ENVA, I’ll be happy to welcome you if I’m around. ENVA is fairly easy, the only difficulty is when the wind is from the South, which makes the final very bumpy and landing can be difficult in that case.

ENVA, Norway

RV14 wrote:

do you know if fuel is available on the airport or if it can be arranged?

If you mean at ENSU, no, I don’t think they have fuel, at best maybe some MOGAS. At ENVA, we have 100LL.

aart wrote:

Tempted to go RHS and fly along the coast, if that’s a good idea.

The coast preferably a little inland would be the most beautiful but requires good weather because the mountains are up to 7500’ or 8000’ in some areas.

ENVA, Norway

Spectacular, WWW, thanks for posting. I’m planning to escape the heat this summer and looked at ending up in Stavanger to visit friends. But your post stimulates me to go a bit further North. You may be busy with various EuroGA-ers barging in

Looked at distances and it’s really doable from Stavanger. Interestingly quite a bit shorter than by car.. Tempted to go RHS and fly along the coast, if that’s a good idea.

And maybe also get to meet @lesving..

Last Edited by aart at 24 May 17:40
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

stunning photos!
do you know if fuel is available on the airport or if it can be arranged?

Poland

Yes – really super.

I’ve been trying to get to Norway for about 15 years, and one needs to pick the wx quite carefully.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Dan wrote:

Beautiful! And quite my kind of flying too, so another place for my Norwegian list of places still to visit

When you decide to come, let me know, I’d be happy to give you any information and to meet you and your steed!

Capitaine wrote:

How easy is it to move the C185 on the ground? Do you need 2 people?

It’s not too bad, I can manage alone, but it’s of course easier with extra help. In and out of the hangar, the best is 3 persons, one on each wing to check the clearance to the door opening (this hangar does not have too much margin for a C185) and one on the tailwheel to control the direction.

ENVA, Norway

Very nice 😊
How easy is it to move the C185 on the ground? Do you need 2 people?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Gorgeous! Flying in Norway is definitely on my bucket list! Would love to fly there some day.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Beautiful! And quite my kind of flying too, so another place for my Norwegian list of places still to visit
Thanks for the dream, and the mini report.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message