Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Any interest in a fly-in early summer, and September, 2023?

I would do Annecy, say Sunday and flying back Monday morning.

This is 2 weeks from now.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks @Ibra! I had checked earlier and the site had changed to say 22nd. Then changed back to 20, with the same text, but with a neww button bellow, not very obvious….
Anyway, looks like I’m committed now, barring weather or other impediments. Have a slot to arrive Friday 19:30, and will depart Saturday 18:00, and still planning to visit Annecy on Sunday. Anybody else for any of these? :-)

EHLE, Netherlands

@hmng slots are open for Lyon Expo

I just found out I have a work commitment Thursday and a family commitment Saturday morning, so I think the expo is probably out. I would enjoy doing something next weekend if anyone is up for an impromptu gathering.

I have the same problem work in London Thursday and family in Lausanne Saturday, so I am going Friday to Lyon for the AeroExpo (afternoon), however, I have less NM to run starting from Paris

Last Edited by Ibra at 20 May 13:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Croatia would not be a day trip, for sure. 2 or 3 nights.

But I will be going there anyway (taking my A&P/IA for a little break ) even if a group can’t be put together.

Organising longer distance meet-ups is hard nowadays. As I often say, many of the “always go” crowd have moved on.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

Is there any interest in Mali Losinj or Brac, June?

I’m heading the opposite way beginning of June to Lancaster, landing at Liverpool or Blackpool. Later on in June I’ll have one weekend available, so it will be either Croatia or somewhere in France.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I would love to do Croatia (I’ve never been, and it’s on my list), but given the distance I’d probably want to do a long weekend trip. It would probably need to be July for me, since June is already booked.

EHRD, Netherlands

If someone wants to do something in the coming days, better to use the Ad Hoc thread and/or the Ad Hoc telegram group.

Yes I agree that if you want more than a few people you need to set a date well in advance. Just not possible otherwise.

Is there any interest in Mali Losinj or Brac, June? Great locations, had great fly-ins there (2014, 2016) but I suspect a lot of people here, especially those from Germany, have already been there. One attempt back in April resulted in a zero response (to a mailshot) but then the wx was not nice.

Administrator

Peter writes:

How about fixing a date and a place for sometime in early June.

In my posting ‘How to make Fly Ins work’ I suggested that success is often based on publicising the date well in advance.
Good luck to those who succeed at short notice . . . But, as my posting above indicates, I believe they are fraught with difficulties.

Last Edited by Peter_G at 19 May 17:08
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom

I just found out I have a work commitment Thursday and a family commitment Saturday morning, so I think the expo is probably out. I would enjoy doing something next weekend if anyone is up for an impromptu gathering.

EHRD, Netherlands

dutch_flyer wrote:

Can we agree to meet around the expo on Friday/Saturday?

I am going Friday to Lyon if you are around (going to Lausanne/Sion on Saturday/Sunday if anyone is going that side)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message