Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Southern France and Northern Spain (Eastern 2023)

Probably nothing. Maybe crew transport if it’s not walking distance

Well from the Pirep, taxi from airport to city was 30€ I gather apron & terminal have to sit in different planets to be near 200€, maybe they got their pricing from Elon Musk trips?

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Apr 08:08
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Today we finished our trip and flew back from Valance to Stuttgart EDDS. Regarding the weather information we got upfront I did expect it would be no fun flight. But in the beginning it didn’t look that bad.

But then we got light ice. And even as FL 150 did put us above the clouds for a while and OAT went down to -15 degrees Celsius, we got moderate icing as soon as we had to renter clouds. Even with full TKS deicing activated some clear ice was spread over the wings. Over the alps not the best feeling.

The following photo was taken when descending and ice starts to melt away. Before the windscreen was covered nearly 100%with ice.

Starting from above Zürich we could decent to VFR conditions, cancel IFT to shorten the way and the flight ended absolutely uneventful.

Two weeks of flying, 11 hours, perfect holidays.

EDDS , Germany

Very nice trip and report Peter, thanks for posting. Does your aircraft have TKS prop anti-ice or TKS windscreen anti-ice and, if so, did that not get rid of the ice on the windscreen pretty quickly?

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Does your aircraft have TKS prop anti-ice or TKS windscreen anti-ice and, if so, did that not get rid of the ice on the windscreen pretty quickly?

We have full TKS. We good even see the fluid on the wings in a nice continuous stream. But anyway suddenly we got the ice. I think it was just too much for staying ice free.

EDDS , Germany
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message