Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cochinillo "Segoviano" flight (Leg 1)

LEMT, Spain

Leg II is here!

LEMT, Spain

This is very cool – thanks for sharing the experience, Ignacio!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

@icordoba muy bueno grande embajador para GA en España

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Scallop flight to Galicia! (Zamburiña flight)

LEMT, Spain

Keep them coming Ignacio! No food left untouched by GA in Spain!

So when are you getting your IR? Thought about the CB-IR?

Antonio
LESB, Spain

What for? The weather is always fine where he flies.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

No no… it’s absolutely not always fine here! Definitly better than in central Europe, but not that good to not have Instrument Rating.
I am preparing BIR, but I am having lots of problems with the school I chose here. I wasn’t lucky on that…

Hopefully I will go through the 3 BIR theory exams soon.

LEMT, Spain

Hi Ignacio. Love your videos! Thank you.

I just flew back from Portimao to the UK with a fuel and immigration/customs stop in Pamplona LEPP. A couple of things intrigued me:

• All my previous flights on the Iberian Peninsula had been to big AENA airports (Ibiza, Malaga) where the costs and bureaucratic hassle are huge. Then I was surpirsed to go through Pamplona where the only fee was a E 10.25 landing charge, and minimal hassle. The kind of places you fly to, like Vigo – what are the charges?
  • As I flew over Spain I was looking closely at the Skydemon app on my ipad. I noticed there were literally hundreds of airfields marked “microlight site”. The majority have hard runways, many off the long enough (+/- 800m) for most GA aircraft. What is the deal with these ‘sites’? Are they available to the general aviation community. Do we just send an email to the contact noted on Skydemon, or are they closed to all except local club members? Who paid for the runways etc?

I hope you will plan a pintxos trip to San Sebastian soon.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

FWIW, here is the current price guide for AENA airports.
See page 11 of the pdf. It seems that if the airport belongs to the lower three price groups (or if it is a „training“ flight), plus if you get away without handling (or possibly just the famous ramp transport service), then the sum can be reasonable. If not, well, then not.

230111_Aena_price_guide_January_2023_pdf

Last Edited by boscomantico at 05 Feb 22:03
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message