Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 19-22 April 2023

This might have a little bit of an impact for those aiming to fly from the UK (or Northern France) to Aero in April. The English AIP SUP is here.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 24 Mar 13:14
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Bloody hell.

I thought it was the strike

I will be flying there from Croatia. But it will affect the return.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Most of these area are not flyable under IFR, there is a big hole with no routes around St Dizier and civvy ATC will route you around
The only way to get shortcuts (I have done few), is to fly VFR and talk to Mil ATC and hope to get tough or change level

On the topic, there is also a permanent extension of low level flying corridors, previously RTBA/AZBA were 1kft agl/3kft amsl on weekdays
Now these are getting tick, may go up to FL80 (even above FL65 Airways) and even operate on weekends by NOTAMS

https://www.aerovfr.com/2023/02/extension-du-reseau-du-rtba/

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

There are definite altitude and opening time gaps.

Edit: I have a flight planned the week-end after through the eastern side of the whole area, and it is somewhat challenging.

Last Edited by Arne at 24 Mar 20:39
ESMK, Sweden

The dates are:

So unless I got this wrong, one can fly down through E France

• before 19th April
  • during the weekend 22/23 April
  • after 30th April

Is that correct?

That was my original plan anyway. EGKA-LDLO around 15th, then LDLO (or LDRI) – EDNY 21st, then EDNY-EGKA 23rd. But yes this will screw up Brits (and others) trying to fly down through France on other days, won’t it? I didn’t read the other details – 13 pages – WTF.

The airspace in question looks similar to the NE French military prohibited airspace anyway, which IME French ATC almost never let you go into anyway (no coordination attempted with the military).

Administrator

Can anyone confirm my post above is correct?

Administrator

Is it possible to stay in an own tent on the airport during Aero? (like Oshkosh for example). I am very interested to come but hotels are already booked around.

Poland

I have not seen tents. In past years they allowed camping in an unused exhibition hall, but I think they didn’t do that recently.

Don’t stay in the town. Stay down the road e.g. Hagnau. There is a frequent bus along that long road, all the way to town. Town hotels always were crazy; €300/night was normal. Less nowadays.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

In past years they allowed camping in an unused exhibition hall, but I think they didn’t do that recently.

Last year the camping area was closed for Covid-19 reasons, but this year it is open again!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Last year I attended AERO early in the week and didn’t get to meet most of you. I’d hope to attend again this year, but it didn’t work out. I’ll try again in 2024!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message