Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Bilbao LEBB

Good Afternoon,

Hoping to fly into Bilbao next weekend via GA. I know it can be a bit expensive, but this will be last “Planned” IFR big trip of 2022.

I just rang Iberia and they’ve said to me that they do no offer the service of handling to small aircraft, nor the basic terminal/ramp minivan service. I stated that Ibiza and Girona offer this. She just repeatedly said “Sorry, Sorry” and I ended the call.

So a couple of questions;

1) Can anyone give any insight to flying here? Gotchas etc?
2) Can anyone ring Iberia a bit later or tomorrow and ask a similar question? https://aip.enaire.es/AIP/contenido_AIP/AD/AD2/LEBB/LE_AD_2_LEBB_en.pdf

I presumed they should offer a service, as per the law?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

@mlty did it last year – airport database report

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes I read that. But my points still stand, are they allowed to refuse flat out and they also recommended United.

Peter wrote:

@mlty did it last year – airport database report
EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

Yes I read that. But my points still stand, are they allowed to refuse flat out and they also recommended United.

Send them an e-mail tomorrow?
Although guys like @Antonio and @aart might know what Bilbao people are allowed (or not) to do.

EGTR

I try to be away as far as possible from anything AENA, so really have no first hand knowledge of how to play the game, but this is what I found on the AOPA Spain site:

Los Agentes de Rampa de Aviación Comercial tienen OBLIGACION de prestar el servicio de acompañamiento a la Aviación General, a una tarifa inferior a 9€ más IVA por trayecto. (*NO CONTRATAR CON LOS DE AVIACION GENERAL, ESTOS TIENEN LIBERTAD DE PRECIOS).

So: Handling agents that serve commercial ops have the obligation to provide the basic service at 9 euros for GA plus VAT per trajectory. (DON’T CONTRACT GA HANDLERS, THEY CAN CHARGE WHAT THEY WANT).

So I would start with Ground Force.. Although I don’t understand why IBERIA does not offer the basic service, they should..

Last Edited by aart at 01 Oct 16:42
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

When I have tried to organise with the basic handling fee oddly enough my emails never get answered…..

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

Yes – see our 2017 fly-in to Menorca thread. The Spanish airports are indeed required to offer “basic handling” so what they do to get around this is they don’t answer emails

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It’s worth getting a quote first and negotiating it later asking for transport to terminal first? I am happy to pay 40€ instead of negotiating down to 9€, as landing & handling fee cost in some nice destination it should be ok but YMMV

I don’t want to get charged +200€, especially when not landing at the destination, especially in places where you only stop in diversion, to stretch legs and see customs, which falls under “basic rights & services & inconvenience” you won’t go to AENA airports if you have other choices…

Last Edited by Ibra at 01 Oct 17:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

My experience with Iberia has been pretty good. Iberia in Ibiza despite being one of the busiest/overworked airports on the network was (If I didn’t cancel) the cheapest at the discussed/legal rate. Girona charged me more but that wasn’t horrific.

Shall I email the commercial department? Who will obviously then re-direct/cc me into Iberia at Bilbao wanting my money and will have to offer some form of service?

I expected to pay some sort of money, but not to be fobbed off completely and told to contact another area of the airport.

https://handling.iberia.es/en/contacto/

[email protected]

EGSG, United Kingdom

Pig wrote:

When I have tried to organise with the basic handling fee oddly enough my emails never get answered…..

Mine got answered but, £££££.

EGSG, United Kingdom
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message