Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

YLL on Tour...

Overflying this scenery I wonder if I just see a reflection of space below me. Is this a dream or reality? An eerie and fascinating feeling for sure.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Nearing the southern tip of Greenland I now spot the fog engulfed West coast, and make a right turn to head direct to Narsarsuaq. Better safe…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

So you are the “guy from Europe in the Vans” people were talking about in Yellowknife and Ranking Inlet. Cool trip! Great to get to know you!

Silvaire wrote:

The route across northern Canada is interesting. No obvious reason to go that far north had ever occurred to me.

CYZF/CYRT is the shortest route with Avgas to get from/to Alaska to/from Greenland.

Germany

The weather at Narsarsuaq is still perfect.
Coming slightly high, I perform a lazy descending approach.

Turning finals

The usual chores of refuelling, tying YLL down, getting my overnite stuff, etc, are accomplished.

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

The only hotel in the village is about 800m away… and luckily has a room available
I go and stretch my legs, just enjoying the peace and fresh air… fresh air? It is quite warm, T around 24°C, which is unusual. The whole of Greenland is very mild, and from now on I’m in good company: Mosquito galore

The elegant winged iceberg

Last Edited by Dan at 25 Aug 15:51
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan, I’ve been looking forward to your report! Thanks for giving it piecemeal, so no binge-reading needed

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Great trip!

Landings: 63 (as many as take-offs)

I guess it was very important aspect of the trip

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

@Dan, thi is a fantastic report !! Keep it coming, looking fwd to every installment.

Day 4

BGBW Narsassuaq – BGSF Kangerlussuaq

The hotel at Narsassuaq is pretty basic, but served its purpose well. And sports effective mosquito nets!
Beautiful weather this morning. Inga, the on-duty AFISO helps with the codes and filing of the FPL. As usual, professional and friendly assistance, thanks Inga.

Once airborne, what else but to follow the coast?

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Along the way, on my left, Mr Fogbank. Engulfing the coast in its blanket. Persistent.

And on the right ladies and gents, Sir Ice Cap. Even more Persistent

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message