Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Amazing restrictions at Coventry EGBE

There’s always lovely Wellesbourne EGBW just down the road. If you let me know I’ll be happy to come and meet you at either place.

Thanks for the help and the offer but logistic-wise for me it’s easier to land at EGBB if EGBE is not available. It seems I’ll go to EGBB because my plan was landing on Monday. Since EGBE doesn’t work on Sundays and Mondays that would mean arriving on Saturday and spending two days in Coventry without any need. Financially, it’s cheaper to pay more expensive airport and to land on proper date then to arrive earlier and pay for unneeded accommodation.

Last Edited by Emir at 06 Jul 22:29
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Graham wrote:

Has some fudge been done to allow them to build some houses

The Wellesbourne story is that the original developer has ‘retired’ in favour of a national house building chain. While it’s heartening that a developer can come unstuck over a land grab like this, the new player is likely to have very deep pockets indeed. The ‘divide by two’ plan for Wellesbourne seems highly plausible.

In the Coventry case it is the local authority that is reportedly putting up £.5m to find a new use for the land.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

It seems that I’ll skip EGBE once again. My target days are either Sundar or Monday, so it will be EGBB again.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The imminent demise of Coventry as an airport seems to have been based on a bogus EV battery business enterprise.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The imminent demise of Coventry as an airport seems to have been based on a bogus EV battery business enterprise.

I didn’t find any mention of the airport in the article, probably because none of the media types even cares?

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Sure.

The “green” label is a wonderful wedge to get stuff through the Planning process. Lots of houses have been built via that route. Nobody can argue with it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Coventry Airport was touted as a possible site for Britishvolt, but they had firmed up on a site in Blyth, Northumberland, due to it’s adjacent deep water harbour and power grid connection. Time will tell if it rises from the ashes.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message