Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Car Rental Mali Losinj?

Hey all,

Planning a first trip to Mali Losinj tomorrow. I’d prefer to rent a car for a couple of days to explore, rather than go around by Uber or taxi.. Difficult to find anything on the web about this. Has anyone successfully rented cars ar Losinj? Preferably from the airport?

Thanks

Patrick

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I got a contact from the Mare Mare Hotel when I was staying there.

Give them a call.

Where to park it is a bigger job.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have not seen any such offering yet. After all where should the customers com from? No airline service, no big ferry service to the island. Maximum a few sailors renting a car. Also I fear there might not be much to see by car. I love Losinj but if you have a bike you can see the main attractions. If you want to see more rent a boat, that is a lot better than a car. https://mcl.hr and ask for Luka but you might need a boat license depending on boat size.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

I rented a bike there too – here

But – unlike some years ago – you can get rental cars. I did that a year ago, and used one of the Mare Mare parking spaces. On a trip more recently I didn’t bother.

Boats are very slow

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Boats are very slow

Depends on what boat you rent Peter!

Forever learning
EGTB

Being in Mali Losinj now and staying in the mare mare… no, rentals are not easy to find and surely not at the airport. Try Rijeka, the have 2 rental companies at the airport.
Given the possible routes on Losinj, i would suggest bikes (we use kwiggles)
As to UBER, the service is not real here – they never have cars available.

EDM_, Germany

We had a great weekend in Veli Losinj, indeed no car really needed there! ;-)

We used the airport transfer service from the airport itself and paid everything just before departure. Very efficient and easy.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Patrick wrote:

We used the airport transfer service from the airport itself and paid everything just before departure. Very efficient and easy.

How much did they charge to drive you to the city and back?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

How much did they charge to drive you to the city and back?
They charge 33€ incl. VAT per drive from/to the airport. It’s cheaper to ask for the restaurant El Paso taxi, which costs 50€ for both directions. Still not cheap, but OK. Uber is not available on Cres/Lošinj.

Patrick wrote:
We had a great weekend in Veli Losinj, indeed no car really needed there!
Good to know! Did you also rent a (motor)bike at Veli Lošinj?
Switzerland

If you go to Mali it is 27€/Trip by airport shuttle in a climatized van.
There is a bike rental shop right in the middle of Veli (tiny to start with), several in Mali.
In Veli you hardly need a bike…
Be aware that the roads are small even for two cars meeting opposite and that the dedicated cycle paths (e.g. between Mali and Veli) are about one meter wide – and they stupidly rent out MTB with wide handlebars…
We felt comfortable with the kwiggles, but 2 MTB made many people stop when meeting counter traffic.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 22 Jun 04:38
EDM_, Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message