Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying from the EU (Netherlands) to the UK and back

Peter wrote:

Definitely it won’t.

So the claim on their website that they can be used to do UK GARs is false advertising? Note that they are listed on gov.uk as “third party applications which have secure links to Home Office systems for the transmission of (…GARs…)”, see Annexe E of https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1043233/GOV.UK_GAR_instructions_-_December_2021.pdf

I don’t know their system, but you may have to do two separate reports in their system, one for the NL GenDec and one for the UK GAR.

Peter wrote:

Does GenDec.eu actually do anything? (…) I wonder if it is like the EU declaration website for coronavirus, which practically nobody connected into.

It is not an EU website. It is a private enterprise that provides convenience to submit information to the authority (that can also be submitted another way), like onlinegar.com for UK GARs or Turbo Tax for USA taxes, etc.

Note that they do only the UK and NL system, irrespective of their generic-sounding domain name; e.g. they will do for you neither the Belgian GenDec, nor the non-Schengen or non-EU flight declaration of Luxembourg for you.

Last Edited by lionel at 11 Jul 13:56
ELLX

Thanks, I will send info both on GenDec.eu and www.submit-general-aviation-report.service.gov.uk , better safe ( and redundant ) than sorry…

[ Post crossed with @lionel’s explanation. I might leave it for someone else to try that integration and report back :-) ]

Last Edited by hmng at 11 Jul 14:06
EHLE, Netherlands

Let me just update this thread to say that I did try out that Gendec → GAR integration and it works.
I submitted my details on gendec.eu for a flight from NL to UK, and got the full GAR (as a xls file) and the reference number.
On arriving, border force was waiting for me. They only mention their annoyance that somehow the integration looses the information on crew and pilot and marks everyone as passengers. No big deal, they just asked who the pilot was.

EHLE, Netherlands

Thanks! Coincidentally I was just wondering about this…

EHTE, Netherlands
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message