Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LGKR Corfu - any recent changes to pricing?

When the Greeks went crazy at LGKR with their ridiculous fees, especially handling. I vowed to skip the country entirely. But yesterday I met up with a friend who is interested in visiting his friend in Albania. He would pick us up by boat from Corfu. I told him its impossible to land at LGKR because of the fees. So he looked it up and Swissport listed their fees minus the Handling charges. SO I looked up in the Data base and low and behold their is a 550 Euro handling charge but that is with Fraport.

Does anyone have a more recent experience other than the Cirrus which flew their almost 1 year ago? Perhaps with COVID they came to their senses.

Thanks for any info you might provide.

KHTO, LHTL

I guarantee the last thing they will do is come to their senses. Fly to King Ionassis instead and drive to the port that ferrys across to Corfu.

They are complete and utter Cs at KR.

J

Pig
If only I’d known that….
EGSH. Norwich. , United Kingdom

@petakas is the guy to ask

There is a variety of recent reports from LGKR, ranging from 1k+ for a week’s parking, to ~150 for a fuel-only stop.

Just use LGIO. Nice airport, nice staff, good price, nice town full of things to do and see, whereas Corfu town is nothing like it was when I used to go there (2004 onwards); it is crowded with cheap tourism and most of the food is crap.

Check out the EuroGA airport database.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

These are the charges at the Fraport airports.
https://www.fraport-greece.com/eng/our-expertise-and-services/aviation/airport-charges

Corfu is in the list.

I don’t understand the 1k+ charges unless its a heavy-ish (MTOW) GA aircraft with long stay coming without Prior Notice and/or without AOPA Discount.

For long stay in Corfu, indeed, LGIO is the place to go and then a car ride to Igoumenitsa port for the Ferry across to Corfu.
This is the minimal charges no hassle scenario.

Same case for Mykonos LGMK.
Just land in nearby Syros LGSO which also have avgas and ferry across to Mykonos by boat.

@Pig wrote:

Fly to King Ionassis instead

I guess you mean Ioannina LGIO airport.

LGMG Megara, Greece

C210_Flyer wrote:

their is a 550 Euro handling charge but that is with Fraport.

Yes this is roughly the SWISSPORT charge without AOPA Discount.
Swissport is not in contract with AOPA for discounts, only GOLDAIR and SKYSERV are.
All details can be found in www.aopa.gr/Info paragraph 12.b

LGMG Megara, Greece

Thanks everyone. I will look into alternative airports you mentioned. Petakas that link is great.

KHTO, LHTL
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message