Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 27-30 April 2022

quick update on COVID rules in Germany:
as per current regulation, we can expect that it will not be mandatory to wear a mask at Aero. On the other hand, either full COVID vaccination or a test will be required (usually quick antigenic tests that can be done just before entering).
The situation might still change during April depending on the case incidence value locally.

Where do you get that from? While the general German rules do not require masks in shops, retail stores etc. anymore (since today), the situation for Aero is different. Their approved hygiene concept still requires masks at all times for everybody when inside the halls. Not so sure if that will change.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Apr 05:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Not sure how this plays out? the plan to end self-isolation by Apr30 was rolled back as things not going as planned…

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/germany-drops-plan-relax-covid-quarantine-rules-2022-04-06/

Last Edited by Ibra at 06 Apr 22:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I think there is a “not” missing in “However, it is incumbent upon any individual to do so.”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Has anyone managed to book a slot? I tried for an hour starting when they opened, but their slot allocation system hanged and crashed all the time. I never made it as far as payment. It has never been this bad before.

I think it was a bad move to demand VFR departure slots – they didn’t do that last time.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Now I finally succeeded. It turns out that not only did their web site crash and hang repeatedly, but also when it didn’t, it wouldn’t didn’t (in different ways) with either Safari or Chrome browsers for Mac. This is the first time I’ve seen a web site that doesn’t work with Chrome. In the end I had to find a Windows machine and use MS Edge…

Lots of banking websites also don’t work with Chrome – or at least some features. I am using Edge now. The website https://www.bodensee-airport.eu/en/business-aviation/aero/ just hangs. But I got in eventually and booked a Friday 1200 slot.

I also noticed that if you click on a slot day+time, that “blocks” that slot immediately and if you do say Back (because you have discovered that you don’t need a departure slot because they are not needed for Sunday) then you cannot go back in because the arrival slot you clicked on is now blocked and is no longer available to you! Such a classic and stupid software mistake. Presumably it gets unblocked after some time but somebody could have got it.

Remember that your flight plan ETA must be within the slot time otherwise the “people” in EDNY tower will cancel your flight plan. And to drive the point home they arrogantly do this just before your departure, when you don’t have time to do anything else. The Autorouter does not allow the EET to be edited (it’s a “purist” design; the performance model is perfect ) so with a given possible EOBT at your airport you may have to use another service to file the FP. I use EuroFPL which allows editing of anything, and Eurocontrol allows ~ a factor of 1.5 either side – example.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

but also when it didn’t, it wouldn’t didn’t

diddeldida…. I mean “also when it didn’t [crash], it wouldn’t work”.

Peter, feel free to edit my post above.

I also noticed that if you click on a slot day+time, that “blocks” that slot immediately and if you do say Back (because you have discovered that you don’t need a departure slot because they are not needed for Sunday) then you cannot go back in because the arrival slot you clicked on is now blocked and is no longer available to you! Such a classic and stupid software mistake. Presumably it gets unblocked after some time but somebody could have got it.

I noticed that too, super annoying. I once made the mistake of changing language from German to English in the middle of the process. That made the process start over and of course the slot I just selected was now unavailable.

Peter wrote:

If you try to access the slot reservation web site now, you get a page that just says (in German) “Due to high demand we are currently updating the slots. We are expected to be available again from 12:00 p.m.”

I now suspect that the “lost slots” were not returned by timeout and that they’re trying to find them (manually?) and make them available again.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 13 Apr 09:01

I was not lucky this morning…is the 1200pm LT?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

I was not lucky this morning…is the 1200pm LT?

I doesn’t say, by would expect that. You don’t usually write “pm” or “am” in connection with UTC.

This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message