Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 27-30 April 2022

My biggest headache was ground transport since I called the organizers and they could not help.

Google Maps shows public transport. There are Busses and also taxis.

always learning
LO__, Austria

C210_Flyer wrote:

I started looking at hotels about 10 days ago and most accommodations that were anywhere near the Messe were all booked. I finally found one after 2 days of trying within 3 Km walk of the Exhibit hall. But it was for 180Euros for 1 nights stay and only 3 or 4 stars. Anyone else have the same problem?

This is a perennial problem. You have to book very early to get something at a reasonable price and distance. Previous years I’ve stayed in Hagnau (30 min. from Friedrichshafen by bus) or Ravensburg (15 min from Friedrichshafen airport by train). This year I booked an AirBnB close to the exhibition one month in advance.

Why on earth do they need a slot system for anything other than IFR flights? There are hardly any GA flights flying nowadays. Does anyone know how many flights land VFR and how many IFR arrivals they had before the EPIDEMIC? I meant to say Pandemic.

I wouldn’t try to judge if slots are needed or not, but previously there was really a lot of traffic on exhibition days.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 17 Apr 08:10
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

If someone is still in need of a room, just pm me.
Have a reservation & won’t go with this obvious mess.
In Hagnau, 90€, Friday to Saturday.

EDM_, Germany

ESME, ESMS

What is happening on April 28th?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Aero

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Google Maps shows public transport. There are Busses and also taxis.

Just searched Google maps while it is great for Budapest shows bus stops, Trams, and Ubahn it is completely devoid of showing those in Friedrichshafen.

I did find this at the Messe info:
https://www.stadtverkehr-fn.de/

This seems to work from point to point but doest give the route or the stops in between.

When I arrive at the Hauptbahnhof I will either take that #5 city bus or the MX bus to the Messe.

KHTO, LHTL

Is anybody around on Thursday and wants to meet for Dinner?

always learning
LO__, Austria

I’m trying to get there Wed, so will be around and would love to meet for dinner.
However I’m still negotiating my slot booking, as the website will not accept my payment for my slot allocations.

United Kingdom

Im going to be there but a friend and I had promised each other we would catch up over dinner.

How about meeting for Lunch on Friday during the show?

KHTO, LHTL
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message