Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 27-30 April 2022

Boy after going through this thread Im happy I decided to land at Augsburg and stay in Munich for a few days then take the train into Friedrichshafen. I started looking at hotels about 10 days ago and most accommodations that were anywhere near the Messe were all booked. I finally found one after 2 days of trying within 3 Km walk of the Exhibit hall. But it was for 180Euros for 1 nights stay and only 3 or 4 stars. Anyone else have the same problem?

Why on earth do they need a slot system for anything other than IFR flights? There are hardly any GA flights flying nowadays. Does anyone know how many flights land VFR and how many IFR arrivals they had before the EPIDEMIC? I meant to say Pandemic.

I did some figuring and its about 140 Euros to land and park 1 overnight. Ahh but it includes the ticket for the pilot. If the weather is marginal few VFRs will show up and if its hard IFR I would imagine most of those will cancel.

KHTO, LHTL

Hotel stuff there was always like that, which is why I have always stayed in Hagnau, here, down the road, much more pleasant, and an easy bus ride.

What interests me right now is whether we will have the same guy removing the EuroGA leaflets as the last couple of times It became a game… Of course I have a damn good idea who it was. I will try to get a video.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wow you get the best deals! How do you get from the Bus to the Messe? Which is the closest Stop?

I still have some leaflets and still hand them out when I remember to take them along.

KHTO, LHTL

The bus stop is right outside the place. You get a bus to town and transfer to the Aero bus right there.

It isn’t a special deal; it is simply that people staying in Friedrichshafen town get scalped.

Our dinner is Friday evening, 7pm local time, here.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

It isn’t a special deal; it is simply that people staying in Friedrichshafen town get scalped.

Hotel prices are very high indeed. I booked via booking.com a few days ago. Two people @80€/night/person for a modern renovated flat right in Friedrichshafen, seems like an ok deal to me.

always learning
LO__, Austria

C210_Flyer wrote:

Why on earth do they need a slot system for anything other than IFR flights? There are hardly any GA flights flying nowadays. Does anyone know how many flights land VFR and how many IFR arrivals they had before the EPIDEMIC? I meant to say Pandemic. I did some figuring and its about 140 Euros to land and park 1 overnight. Ahh but it includes the ticket for the pilot. If the weather is marginal few VFRs will show up and if its hard IFR I would imagine most of those will cancel.

It’s disgraceful. A real GA expo should be held somewhere… without all this BS.

always learning
LO__, Austria

The airport itself does not seem to be interested in all that traffic. The show organizers probably don’t bother too much either with attendees that fly in. Let’s assume that 300 aircraft fly in (that’s prob a high estimate) with 2 POB. So 600 persons on a total of 30.000 visitors. That’s 2%, so noise level.

Any other venues for an Aero show? I don’t know of any other splendid conference centre like that. At an airport, because that’s what’s needed.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

EDNY is the biggest in Europe, by a big margin.

And, even though little changes in GA from one year to the next, it is a good venue for a meet-up, which is how many people use it.

For many pilots it is actually their first significant flight of the year.

Attendances fell when it went annual, and fell some more (before that?) when the aerobatic show was banned (a stupid move, but everybody is doing this).

Administrator

Yep 30,000 so just how many of that number actually spend money for something other than for trinkets?

Even if you have money to burn, why bother spending money on a plane when you cant use it to attend even this show? This airport management is like a cork in the sink clogging up the water flow. The reason you can assume only 300 airplanes is because they make it difficult. It is time consuming, and expensive to organize a visit. Lets not even talk about the weather.

Snoopy wrote:

Hotel prices are very high indeed. I booked via booking.com a few days ago. Two people @80€/night/person for a modern renovated flat right in Friedrichshafen, seems like an ok deal to me.

Damn, I was searching for several days and the best I could do was 180. My biggest headache was ground transport since I called the organizers and they could not help. I gave up attending via a flight to EDNY so Im going by train from Munich. LHTL to EDMA then train to the Aero.

Peter wrote:
Our dinner is Friday evening, 7pm local time, here.

I would have loved to go and meet up. Originally I had planned to go for 2 nights (Thursday and Friday) but I could only get one night instead of 2 which I was happy about because I didnt feel like getting further scalped. I wanted to attend in order to meet and speak with Foreflight, Rocket Route, and Jeppesen, since I did a panel upgrade last year.

KHTO, LHTL

This is ok for 2 people and around 100€ / person / night

http://www.booking.com/Share-CXTf0Gr

always learning
LO__, Austria
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message