Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 27-30 April 2022

A question for the German pilots here…

Friedrichshafen TMA is class E with a “listening squawk” TMZ. At the same time EDNY TWR requires (at least during AERO) approaching VFR traffic to contact them 10 minutes out before reaching the first VRPs.

So what do you do if you don’t have two COM radios? Of course you can drop below the TMZ before contacting TWR, but as the lower limit is 1000’ AGL that’s no fun.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 14 Apr 17:14
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I was just contacted by phone by a very nice guy from the company that made the slot booking web site. He wanted to check that it was correct that I had no arrival slot booked. (It was correct as I will arrive on the 26th when you don’t need slots.) He also kindly offered me to change the departure slots I had.

Anyway, he told me that their company was given the contract to develop the booking site with only two week’s notice… There must be a story behind that. Maybe another developer pulled out at a late stage?

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 14 Apr 17:14
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I got a call too, 2hrs ago, a woman, checking that I didn’t need a departure slot (I didn’t book one). They confirmed Sundays don’t need one. Also offering to change my 1200 slot. Very polite!

I didn’t talk much because it was a really poor quality VOIP call and badly broken up.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I won’t be going this year. I got up early yesterday only to see all the available slots go away just because the website went into this “your session has expired”-loop.

EBST, Belgium

Some discussion on the telegram group. The database dev appears to be phoning people up and offering to book slots for them, if they were unable to.

Administrator

The database dev appears to be phoning people up and offering to book slots for them, if they were unable to.

I wasn’t able to book because it didn’t work at all. So how the hell they will know they need to phone me?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I guess it depends on if you got as far as entering your phome number in the process.

Otherwise, you could try to call aerops (they might have a phone number on their website). Just mind that Gemrany is on holiday until Tuesday (although possibly not the guys from aerops… )

Anyway, he told me that their company was given the contract to develop the booking site with only two week’s notice… There must be a story behind that. Maybe another developer pulled out at a late stage?

That sounds credible. The aerops app works quite well, so they should generally have the skill to set something like this up properly.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 15 Apr 09:55
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Posted on one German domestic site:

There are very few slots this year, much fewer than before. EDNY is still in corona mode. I estimate the probability of getting a slot from Monday to less than 10%.

No more information provided.

Apparently AeroPS got the contract for the slot allocation, at a very late stage. Might be an idea to email them re the slot you wanted
https://www.aerops.com/en/

Administrator

Maybe next year. Who knows…

EBST, Belgium
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message