Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 27-30 April 2022

whats that saying … something about … ’couldn’t organise a fly in at a brewery’

United Kingdom

It’s incredible how incompetent they are. They are incapable of building booking site which is supposed to process certain number of requests. 21st century, cloud, whatever computing power available…

Last Edited by Emir at 13 Apr 20:31
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

It’s incredible how incompetent they are.

Usually the best solution is to build a queue in front of the main system. As during the booking you block multiple slots for a certain amount of time, letting everybody in at the same time can completely deadlock the entire thing. Then put a proof of work on the queue to avoid people lining up multiple times with different browsers etc. Waiting a predefined amount of time and then have it go through smoothly is a lot better for the user experience than a complete mess.
This problem is on the Internet for two decades without a proper solution. I t happen over and over again. For football tickets, vaxination appointments etc. I even wanted to create a startup for such services back in the day but the reality is that each customer will only need this service once a year or less so very hard to make a profit.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

It’s known (registered) user, so one session per user allowed. Each slot can be booked by few aircrafts because it’s by definition multi-aircraft. It’s not rocket science or quantum mechanics – it’s just a piece of software.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

As has been said here and elsewhere a thousand times, they need a field trip to Oshkosh to gain some perspective on the need for slots to attend a fly-in. Perhaps to include being on-board an aircraft making a non radio-equipped arrival

(Yes, I have landed an aircraft at Friedrichshafen during the event)

Last Edited by Silvaire at 13 Apr 23:10

Silvaire wrote:

they need a field trip to Oshkosh to gain some perspective

I always say to Croatian ATC (nervous when 3 aircrafts are around airport and they have 3 CAT arrivals within 20 min) that they should visit Aero to see some traffic. But yes, you’re right – everybody should visit Oshkosh

Last Edited by Emir at 13 Apr 23:13
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Silvaire wrote:

As has been said here and elsewhere a thousand times, they need a field trip to Oshkosh to gain some perspective on the need for slots to attend a fly-in

I wonder why DFS and the respective Luftfahrtämter (federal and state) are so inflexible in arranging something like a “mini-Fisk” arrival procedure – purely armchair thinking from my side, but how about collecting all VFR traffic at EDNY VRP OSCAR at a specific altitude and from there on proceed (monitoring the radio but shutting up in general) with 90kn in 1nm trail either direct-in 24 or into left downwind 06; also operate the main and grass runways in parallel, and paint three or four colour markers on the hard runway + exceptional permission to have a few more aircraft than usual at the same time on the runway … can’t be that easy, can it?

EHRD / Rotterdam

I think it has for many years been obvious that the airport dislikes the exhibition business, and they try to frustrate it.

The airport is like most others: they want easy work (airlines, not GA) and as little of it as possible. Same with the police; they want easy (preferably zero) work everywhere… they used to provide a service at the exhibition entrance so you could walk in/out straight to your plane (if parked at the exhibition side of the airport, as most of the “little ones” are) but now they sit comfortably in the airline terminal so anybody needing immigration or customs has to get the bus to the terminal and then another bus to his plane

The one “plus” is that we won’t have hundreds of Russians queing up with their visas Brits would get sent to the back of that queue, even before formal brexit

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A waiver has been issued reducing arrival and departure separation standards for category1 and 2 aircraft (primarily single-engine and light twin engine aircraft). .
Another waiver has been issued amending
“Line Up and Wait” procedures; more than one aircraft may be instructed to “Line Up and Wait” on both sides of the runway centerline.

Here’s already a part of the Oshkosh magic.

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

Here’s already a part of the Oshkosh magic.

Quote from where?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message