Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen EDNY 27-30 April 2022

Has anyone flown into EDNY lately? Thinking about a short trip there from CH just to get the lay of the land in case I actually get a slot. Covid’s over in Switzerland so not sure how the Germans see us now. I’d probably just do a quick turnaround, so hopefully I can avoid the hassle of covid/customs/handling/full body probe/etc.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Hi…
for those who have attended previous editions (this will be my first one)… how difficult is it to get a slot? I plan to fly from Madrid in my Cirrus and arriving Friday 29th in the afternoon, so looks like a very requisted time.

Cheers,
Ignacio

LEMT, Spain

Just be ready when slot reservation web site is open. On the busiest years and when slots were not charged I used to turn alarm clock and wake up to get the slot I wanted. Last pre-pandemic year it wasn’t that hard because charging slots discouraged people from booking “just in case I decide to come”.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Slot system alive on 13/04 from 05h LT.

EBST, Belgium

Thanks !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

A quick update on COVID rules in Germany:
as per current regulation, we can expect that it will not be mandatory to wear a mask at Aero. On the other hand, either full COVID vaccination or a test will be required (usually quick antigenic tests that can be done just before entering).
The situation might still change during April depending on the case incidence value locally.

LFST, France

It starts Wednesday, 27 April and ends on Saturday, 30 April.

Normally we have our meetup dinner on Friday evening, because the show ends on Saturday and lots of people have left Saturday afternoon. Also I don’t know if it will be possible to reach the aircraft via the exhibition halls on Sunday morning; on some past occassions one could not, and had to queue behind everybody at the main airport terminal.

Could someone German speaking please phone the organisers and ask them?

Shall I also enquire at the same restaurant? It was very good, and flexible at to the number of tables. Or maybe someone else will volunteer to organise this

Telegram group joining link: https://t.me/+lZLe_AK3h6ZmZThk

The above group will be used for booking the restaurant, so please join up only if actually intending to be there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If anyone is interested in the Friday evening dinner, can you please let me know by tomorrow morning.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Also I don’t know if it will be possible to reach the aircraft via the exhibition halls on Sunday morning;

During the show there’s a dedicated entrance/exit for GA plane visitors. As the show is over Saturday, I assume this will not be available anymore on Sunday (the exhibition area will be closed due to vendors packing up their booths..).

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hello aviators,

Anyone flying from Berlin and has an extra seat, I could join and we can split the costs. Alternatively, if anyone wants to rent a plane from flight school and do a fly-in to the airshow we can do that I am happy to split the costs for that too.

This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message