Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Amazing Norway and Sweden, July 2021

@boscomantico cool trip, what block speed do you plan for?

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Very nice, and really shows the best use for GA travel.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don‘t embrace „block speed“ as a concept. I have fed SD and AR with the exact real-life performance data of the aircraft. I plan a route and the see what ETE it gives me. I run a basic BS check, then add my margins.

Sometimes, for a very quick and dirty calculation of leg duration, I use 150 knots (which is an easy number), unless I know there might be a strong headwind.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Great writeup. Nice that you found Stegeborg, which is indeed a very nice stop. I fly there with my wife at least once a year to have dinner at the restaurant.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Thanks for taking your time to complete such a good trip report. All of us appreciate it!
You contribute to bring more pilots to Sweden. :)

ESSZ, Sweden

Thanks for sharing! It‘s embarrassing to confess, but (except for the Atlantic legs) we‘ve never made it north of Bremen 😳 After reading this I‘m determined to change that this year!

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Sweden is great ! I’m looking into Lapland, but 100LL is an issue so far up north…

EBST, Belgium

You mean northern Finland?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Both actually. But in this context I was looking at Lappland, Sweden.

EBST, Belgium

LeSving wrote:

You mean northern Finland?

Lapland covers both northern Sweden and northern Finland. Remember that Sweden and Finland used to be a single country before Russia occupied Finland after the Russo-Swedish war of 1808-1809.

Actually, Swedish Lapland covers about 1/4 of the country’s land area.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 30 Jan 13:51
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message