Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aosta LIMW fly-in mid January 2022, and ski to Cervinia

This was proposed a few weeks ago and there is a lot of interest.

There are 33 people interested now. A good % are also intersted in going to Cervinia (a €100-150 taxi) to ski for a few days. It would be really great if this could be organised.

Obviously it needs good weather – basically clear Aosta webcams on the day. The current proposal is to start looking at the wx on 15th Jan 2022.

Cervinia is an excellent ski location, though not for really hard-core black run skiers I was there 2 weeks ago and everything of relevance was running great.

Italy is currently letting in most/all Europeans, if vaccinated, and the latest change is a possible test upon arrival.

Please join the telegram group if you are interested in going; that’s where any detailed discussion will be.

An email mailshot was sent out about a week ago to everyone permitting emails; if you didn’t receive it, please check your email settings, anti-spam, etc.

Also more info here and here.

LIMW is one of the most friendly airports I’ve ever been to.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If I may say in the area Monterosa sky is a better sky location .

Pegaso airstrip, Italy

We can do that one in mid February

Any comparison with Cervinia? Hard to judge from website pics. All reviews of ski areas are wonderful, most are sponsored by a tourist office, and all have websites with pics like this

shot at 7am, before the slope gets trashed

Administrator

ok, to keep you guys motivated, today’s flight took me once more around the area… came in from the NE over Zermatt

dodged a heli going to the Furgghorn, and then dived into the valley over Breuil-Cervinia

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Excellent images Dan. You are very fortunate to have this easily available to you.

United Kingdom

thanks Pete.
And yes, despite being based close to Zurich, the Alps are only 20 minutes, and the Cervin/Matterhorn about 35 minutes flight time away… this using my loitering speed of about 130KTAS (19"/2000RPM < 21l/h)

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan, it was you that plane this morning over Cervino?
Here I am exploring the area to give you last news about weather and slope crowd… (both pretty good)

Antonio
LSZA - LILV, Italy

Lovely – thank you

But… something wrong there. Your skis are pointing UP the hill! Nobody will turn up if we suggest people have to do that

Administrator

Good one Peter, but these guys are real sportsmen, no downhill, but uphill skiing 👏🏻
@AntonioD could be, did a 360° in some –^– slightly South of Cervina around midday. Would have dropped lower if I knew u were climbing the slopes

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Wx is looking pretty good for mid Jan

Administrator
34 Posts
Sign in to add your message