Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Spanish airfield for sale - Ocana LEOC

Just came across this. South of Madrid and close to Aranjuez and Toledo (both stunningly beautiful places). Going up for auction with a starting bid of just over EUR 1 million. Anyone?

Come on, boomers ! Put those pension funds to work !

EBST, Belgium

Looks amazing! How much GA is based there?

Zoomed-in, the image shows a lot of gliders sitting there.

It is in our database but no reports so far.

AER_C3_93DROMO_DE_OCA_C3_91A_Escrapalia_com_pdf

It’s about 1 hr from Madrid. There must be “some money” in that area, surely?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Could be a nice airpark, for sure.

EBST, Belgium

There was a sobering letter in this month’s Pilot by an airstrip owner on the perils of operational liability, and predictably getting adequate insurance is not easy.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

I’ve not been there, but it’s on my list. When I do, l’ll ask around a bit on the economics. But, as you say Peter, I believe the majority of the activity is gliders, and these cheap skates don’t even want to pay for fuel, let alone for aerodrome facilities

The majority of GA in Spain is ULM, and they have their own ecosystem of fields, usually not as fancy as this place.

Last Edited by aart at 22 Dec 15:06
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

aart wrote:

gliders, and these cheap skates don’t even want to pay for fuel

love it aart, thanks for the laugh of my day

Last Edited by Dan at 22 Dec 15:26
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

aart wrote:

and these cheap skates don’t even want to pay for fuel

Haha, nothing worse that the ones who take Aerotow for 4000ft agl and then suddenly release at 800ft agl with “sorry, I found one thank you” !

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Dec 15:39
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

airways wrote:

Could be a nice airpark, for sure.

Included in the offer is a building (“currently out of service”) with 43 bedrooms.

Germany

Ibra wrote:

Haha, nothing worse that the ones who take Aerotow for 4000ft agl and then suddenly release at 800ft agl with “sorry, I found one thank you” !

I find it the other way around, I can get more gliders launched if some of them pop off early. (It used to grind my gears a bit at the Soaring Club of Houston, people wanting a 3000’ tow, we get a good thermal at 800ft, and they stay on till the bitter end and I had a full grid of gliders on the ground to get launched).

Andreas IOM
33 Posts
Sign in to add your message