Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Switzerland to Lisbon, Looking for Fuel Stop w/Customs and Lisbon Airport Recommendation

If I do it non-stop it’s a 6h flight with the SR22, so I am looking for a stop after around 4h with customs and cheap avgas. Ideally IFR but that is not a hard requirement.

Also wondering if anyone has a recommendations where to land nearby Lisbon. Will stay 5 nights. Ideally IFR.

Thanks!

Switzerland

You need to use Cascais LPCS in Lisbon. Valladolid in Spain is about 2/3 of the way. I refuelled there a couple of years ago. It was all very slow and the fuel is predictably expensive. If I was planning this trip I would pick up fuel in France, perhaps Tarbes?

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Pau LFBP should be good for that. But even Biarritz LFBZ should be ok for a fuel stop.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Oct 11:07
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

My vote is for Tarbes as well. Their new self service fuel station (operated by World Fuel) is now finished. This is what they sent out on Sep 27:

Next time you visit the Tarbes Lourdes Pyrénées area, refuel using our new self-serve Avgas and Jet A1 facilities, whether you’re visiting the airport or as a tech stop.

At our self-serve payment terminal, we accept World Fuel Contract, AVCARD® by World Fuel, as well as Mastercard and Visa.

Our new facilities are available 24/7 to fit in with your schedule and conveniently located on the GA ramp. Stop by the new self-serve units, refuel and be back in the air in no time at all.
Last Edited by Rwy20 at 23 Oct 13:12

LFMU as fuel stop (a lot cheaper than Spain) and LPCS for Lisabon.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

LEXJ is also simple and convenient, but fuel price will be Spanish

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Antonio wrote:

LEXJ is also simple and convenient, but fuel price will be Spanish

I wholeheartedly love Spain but for this trip I would opt for one of the French suggestions (range allowing, of course).

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

thanks for the input, I ended up planning the fuel stop at LFBT Tarbes (ALTN LFBZ Biarritz and LFBP Pau) and the destination LPCS Cascais (ALTN LEVD Valladolid and LPEV Evora).

Lots of bad weather in Spain and Portugal, and westerly headwinds tomorrow, will cost me ~1.5h. Oh well.

Switzerland

Pau needs a BP card

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

Sure @NeilC? It used to be either BP card for self service at the fixed fuel station OR with service from the staff, with payment by credit card or even cash. That‘s also what their AIP still says.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message