Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Planning the Daventry Corridor

Barely a few days had passed and I was already planning my next IFR trip. I had a mental list of all the people that I had previously turned down due to my ongoing IR training, of which as result any additional trips outside of this training detail were cancelled. I wanted to go somewhere that I hadn’t been before and most importantly I didn’t want to fly too far due to the sheer cost I had spent on the previous months flying. The idea of this flight was to boost my Instrument Rating Confidence, along with experience an international airport outside my comfort zone.

So I invited a friend I hadn’t flown with in at least 8 years. This would be his first time in this specific aircraft and he had family connections in Sheffield, so the obvious choice would be an airways flight to Doncaster Sheffield [EGCN].

Any suggestions or proof-reading welcome;

Read more about this short day-trip here: https://www.theflyingvlog.uk/planning-the-daventry-corridor/

The videos for the flights:

Outbound flight -

Releasing – 17/10/2021

Inbound -

Releasing – 31/10/2021

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

A short IFR Airways flight to Doncaster Sheffield for some Whitby’s Fish & Chips. The London TMA is getting busier and busier. We conduct an ILS/DME onto Runway 20 into DSA/EGCN after flying the TNT 1D arrival and I give some oversight of my passenger brief, take-off brief, and approach brief courtesy of my new checklist.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Outbound flight -
Releasing – 17/10/2021
Inbound -
Releasing – 31/10/2021

Is this a commercial video promotion job, like some other youtubers are trying to do? Nobody is going to bother to go to some video on some date and watch it.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Is this a commercial video promotion job, like some other youtubers are trying to do? Nobody is going to bother to go to some video on some date and watch it.

Negative, I just like to be organised :)

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 17 Oct 19:55
EGSG, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Nobody is going to bother to go to some video on some date and watch it.

To be honest I was going to post something similar about the first post, but decided to refrain.

I love reading trip reports here. But when someone post a link to their trip report somewhere else, then I never click on it.

You’ll get a much bigger audience here, if you post your trip report here, rather than just a link to it in another location.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

dublinpilot wrote:

You’ll get a much bigger audience here, if you post your trip report here, rather than just a link to it in another location.

I don’t mind doing so, but I do like the format of the Wordpress as it shrinks to Tablet/Phone automatically for good visual reading.

EGSG, United Kingdom

The forum should do that also. Around 50% of readers are on a phone or a tablet.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The forum should do that also. Around 50% of readers are on a phone or a tablet.

I will do so for the Liverpool Trip. I will still continue to create my blog on the website though for anyone that navigates to it.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Join this quick IFR airways flight from Doncaster to Stapleford. I fly my first SID since gaining my Instrument Rating and enjoy a fascinating sunset as we descend through the layers of cloud.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Hi Robbie,

At the end when he directed you out of CAS in the descent to 2,400ft on a direct track to Stapleford, what happened with regard to the Stansted Class D stub that was in your path? Did you have to go around or under (<1500ft) it, or did he clear you through, or did you have to negotiate separately?

G

EGLM & EGTN
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message