Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA fly-in 21 Sep 2021

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Visitor landing fees will be reduced however we were unable to provide the same for based aircraft on this day.

Do you have to pay fees even if you are based there?

Yes; landings are not free to based pilots. They rarely are anywhere AFAIK.

Note that the airport doesn’t get rent from every property (every hangar, etc) because some asset strippers who owned it years ago sold the rental income to some sharks in London, pocketed the money, and went bust So they need all the landing fees they can get.

Shoreham is a really nice airport. Nice ATC or A/G, nice fire crew, good condition tarmac.

Administrator

I think these things are always just a question of whether it’s baked into some other cost or not.

If landings are free to based aircraft (at some hypothetical airport) then essentially the landing fees are baked into the hangarage / parking charges. Depending on the setup, the landing fees may be baked into ‘club’ membership – which is the case at White Waltham.

EGLM & EGTN

Is anything special going on, once you have flown in?

EGKL, United Kingdom

Not that I know of, but the town is only 15 mins’ walk and is quite pleasantly decrepit – especially the funky riverboats walk

Administrator

Here is a bit about the houseboats and footbridge that Peter describes above, daft but a bit of fun

Is anyone here going?

I have a flight planned 4pm and could be around before that.

Administrator
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message