Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to La Cerdanya / Andorra LECD/LESU 16 October 2021

Nice but I don’t see the airport. Probably doesn’t exist, so luckily we changed our destination.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Spectacular

Let’s do LECD in 2022!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Maybe the following pic is a nice close-out of this thread. This is the valley of la Cerdanya (LECD) where I originally attempted to steer us to. But I was bullied by some (who will remain anonymous for ever) into going to La Seu (LESU).

No, this was not taken from my little steed but from the first commercial flight I took in two years. Used to fly commercial every week or two for the last 40 years, so this was a special event! Still prefer my little steed though. So maybe should opt for a turbo retrofit and make such pics from her. Ah, but there’s always Antonio with this P210

Last Edited by aart at 29 Nov 19:09
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Finally my video

and yes I know; I need to get some new backing tracks, although the spaghetti western stuff is perfect for the mountains

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Because it was a bit of a trek for me, I’ve started a thread here for my trip :-)

Last Edited by Winston at 25 Oct 10:22
Denham, Elstree, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

You mean that France has a practise of not having general controlled airspace below 3000 AGL?

Yes no general controlled airspace bellow 3kft agl in flat lands, if there is it’s proper CAS that denotes CTR/CTA/TMA, for IFR in Golf, there is a general RMZ above 3kft amsl but load of Echo ATS Airways above FL65, General LTA Delta applies above FL115 on flat lands, General LTA Echo applies above max(3000ft agl, FL115) rounded to flat number rather than following terrain in Alps & Pyrenees

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Oct 09:18
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

Over Mt Blanc isn’t ground to 3000ft uncontrolled. I seem to remember reading that somewhere. So the rule would be as for VFR in Golf airspace.

You mean that France has a practise of not having general controlled airspace below 3000 AGL?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Over Mt Blanc isn’t ground to 3000ft uncontrolled. I seem to remember reading that somewhere. So the rule would be as for VFR in Golf airspace.

France

Peter wrote:

Mt Blanc summit plus 550ft

I never get tired of watching that video

Antonio
LESB, Spain

gallois wrote:

the 3000ft above the surface rule on airspace?

What is that rule?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
125 Posts
Sign in to add your message