Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fly-in to La Cerdanya / Andorra LECD/LESU 16 October 2021

Ibra wrote:

VFR can’t “easily” fly above FL115 in some places in France

This only concerns the Paris FIR region. I think everywhere else up to FL180 is possible VFR in France. In Spain I didn’t have complaints so far me flying in around FL120 to 140.

Germany

In most of France VFR is possible up to FL 195.
In Delta airspace you talk to ATC you can usually forget FIR or FIS in these areas. Most of France is controlled by 4 ACCs (area control centres) or it could be 5. I don’t know why I always get a mental block between the number of ACCs and the number of FIRs. I usually have to look it up.

France

gallois wrote:

In most of France VFR is possible up to FL 195

And this is sufficient to even get well clear of the Mt Blanc summit

EDLE

Exactly, but can’t Mt Blanc also be cleared under the 3000ft above the surface rule on airspace?

France

VFR ban in Paris area thread. That area is much bigger than just near Paris.

Mt Blanc airspace stuff.

Mt Blanc summit plus 550ft

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

gallois wrote:

the 3000ft above the surface rule on airspace?

What is that rule?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Peter wrote:

Mt Blanc summit plus 550ft

I never get tired of watching that video

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Over Mt Blanc isn’t ground to 3000ft uncontrolled. I seem to remember reading that somewhere. So the rule would be as for VFR in Golf airspace.

France

gallois wrote:

Over Mt Blanc isn’t ground to 3000ft uncontrolled. I seem to remember reading that somewhere. So the rule would be as for VFR in Golf airspace.

You mean that France has a practise of not having general controlled airspace below 3000 AGL?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

You mean that France has a practise of not having general controlled airspace below 3000 AGL?

Yes no general controlled airspace bellow 3kft agl in flat lands, if there is it’s proper CAS that denotes CTR/CTA/TMA, for IFR in Golf, there is a general RMZ above 3kft amsl but load of Echo ATS Airways above FL65, General LTA Delta applies above FL115 on flat lands, General LTA Echo applies above max(3000ft agl, FL115) rounded to flat number rather than following terrain in Alps & Pyrenees

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Oct 09:18
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message