Banner
Welcome to our forums

SkyDemon top 10 ranking by country?

Peter wrote:

plus it shows they are logging all your routes

Nothing unexpected

LFST, France

The UK list sounds plausible.

Re promoting SD, it is a hostage to fortune because a lot of it is obviously nonsense, plus it shows they are logging all your routes

EasyVFR should do the same

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Had a look at Norway (when finally figuring out how to find this ranking in SD )

1. Kjeller
  2. Kristiansand
  3. Gardermoen
  4. Bergen

That was all I could find. Kjeller as number one is the only one that makes sense

Kristiansand as number 2 makes no sense whatsoever, except as the first entry coming from Europe mainland. The same can be said about Kjeller in this respect. Bergen? And Gardermoen?

Except Kjeller, none of the really busy GA fields as Notodden, Starmoen, Oppdal is there, or even Sandefjord. Even Tynset has more GA throughout a year than Gardermoen.

At least we should know the details of exactly how this is logged. Is a FP necessary? Is a plan/route in SD necessary? And so on.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Ibra wrote:

I have not been there yet and I doubt the “cost share vending machine double logbook pilots” will go that far

I guess you’re right if you start in the UK. But for Swiss pilots Locarno is a favourite destination because it has, according to some, the best pizza in the country on the field and a trip over the Alps on a nice day is a real treat especially this time of year when many in the north are fogged in most of the time.

Last Edited by chflyer at 10 Feb 13:37
LSZK, Switzerland

As requested, here is the list for the UK:

1. Isle of Wight/Sandown (EGHN)
2. Turweston (EGBT)
3. Lee on Solent (EGHF)
4. Gloucestershire (EGBJ)
5. Shobdon (EGBS)
6. Compton Abbas (EGHA)
7. Kemble (EGBP)
8. Duxford (EGSU)
9. Shoreham (EGKA)
10. Sleap (EGCV)
11. Bembridge (EGHJ)
12. Dunkeswell (EGTU)
13. Popham (EGHP)
14. Northampton Sywell (EGBK)
15. Chichester Goodwood (EGHR)
16. Wolverhampton (EGBO)
17. Fenland (EGCL)
18. Wellesbourne Mountford (EGBW)
19. Leicester (EGBG)
20. White Waltham (EGLM)
21. North Weald (EGSX)
22. Lydd (EGMD)
23. Sherburn in Elmet (EGCJ)
24. Oxford (EGTK)
25. Lashenden (EGKH)

And not to forget my country of origin, the Netherlands:

1. Midden-Zeeland (EHMZ)
2. Texel (EHTX)
3. Teuge (EHTE)
4. Lelystad (EHLE)
5. Breda Seppe (EHSE)

Last Edited by Frans at 10 Feb 13:34
Switzerland

I’m not sure of the value of such a league table.

It’s value is advertising to SD
It gets people talking about the product in various different places.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

So if a hundred different French pilots not using Skydemon go to LFEY they are not counted.
If a Brit pilot enters and leaves France via LFAT only the entry is counted, but only if he uses SD and if @ Peter lands there twice a year for 20 years he does not count at all because he doesn’t use SD.
I’m not sure of the value of such a league table.

France

Can’t be completely anonymous because they need to exclude subsequent visits of a particular pilot

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Personally, I do think that the data is quite representative in countries that use Skydemon quite a lot. I wasn’t surprised by seeing Koblenz, Locarno, Zell am See and Venezia-Lido on the top of the list. Le Touquet seems also obvious, as an ideal port of entry into France and the EU from the UK. Just Spain seems to be quite wrong with Mallorca’s main airport.

gallois wrote:

Some of the busiest GA airfields in France don’t get a mention.
This ranking is not to show the busiest airfields. It’s about unique visitors per movement and per airfield. Only the first take-off or landing per SD-user creates a score, all following movements of the same user will not affect the score anymore. Therefore, this ranking is not about showing the busiest airfields of a country, instead, it’s to show which airfields are mostly visited by unique visitors.

Malibuflyer wrote:
Where did they get the data from? What do they count as “visitors”?
It comes from Skydemon’s own data, anonymously collected from their users in flying mode.

Ibra wrote:
now I need to go to Colmar as I don’t understand how I miss it?
Colmar is very popular by German pilots. It is often used on first visits to France. The city center is also quite nice for sightseeing and eating. They call it “little French-Venice”.
Last Edited by Frans at 10 Feb 13:11
Switzerland

gallois wrote:

Look at summer at the Ile d’Yeu (LFEY, the most expensive but with a landing fee of €16 , Les Sables D’Olonne Talmont (LFOO) Sarlat Domme (LFDS), Dinard ( LFRD) St.Brieuc ( LFRT) to name but a few which do get visits from other countries

Thanks, would be nice to get a list and ranking, it’s easy to skip one or two
I have been in all except LFOO and I agree they are nice

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message