Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SkyDemon top 10 ranking by country?

Peter wrote:

We had this “ranking score” debate on the EuroGA airports database and decided to not implement it, because it would be of minimal value, due to a high % of low value data.

The this one is even worse. It just ranks airports based on their unique number of visitors.
On that basis Atlanta USA is the worlds best place to visit! It has the most number of unique landings there.

The no1 in Ibra’s screenshot isn’t even the airport with the highest rating in the screenshot!

EIKH Kilrush

I believe that the SkyDemon ranking is no more, no less what it says: “country ranking of unique visitors”. Yes, there is a bias of # of UK users, but SD is getting very popular in Belgium, Germany and even France too so that bias might mitigate over time.
I like that ranking to see what other GA airfields I am missing out for a visit in a country that I don’t know that well: Colmar is a good example for France, Midden-Zeeland in Holland is good, Spa in Belgium, …
Abbeville, Calais, Deauville probably “suffer” from the UK bias.

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

Ibra wrote:

I have been to all of them except Colmar…

The airport is nice (and has RNP approaches). The town is very well worth a visit.

ESMK, Sweden

And the adjacent Ribeauville and Riquewihr are also worth visiting with both having some excellent restaurants – La Table du Gourmet and then there is also l’auberge de l’ill

Last Edited by Peter_Mundy at 27 Aug 09:53
EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message