Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

SkyDemon top 10 ranking by country?

Everybody knows Sandown is Number 1 in UK (assming one likes pilots mass gathering & junk food) and few others

Looking at SkyDemon ranking for France is not far off from “nice places to take the Mrs” but probably as viewed by Brits (as there are other few nice places but sadly they are not C&I )
1. LeTouquet
2. Cannes
3. Calais
4. Colmar (not visited yet)
5. Deauville
6. Annecy
7. ??
8. LaRochlle
9. Reims
10.??

Anyone has the full complete list by country? just to make sure to pay a visit someday

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Aug 11:39
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Where do you find this ranking? In SkyDemon some place?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

That’s quite funny, but I won’t post my thoughts because somebody will hit me on the head saying “X is not a dump”

For our first fly-in, 2013 (we started in Oct 2012) David wrote a complicated bit of software to allow people to vote. The result was “most interesting”. Almost nobody turned up, and analysis found that most votes were cast by people on one of the UK GA chat sites who a) hated EuroGA (because of its “nice moderated and no beatings” formula) and b) had no access to a plane which could reach most of the destinations they voted for The unsurprising result was a miniscule turnout to the place attracting by far the most votes (La Rochelle). Since then we never had another organised vote, because even without people messing around, most people just put in wishful thinking.

How can “Colmar (not visited yet)” appear in the ranking? Why not just put Kathmandu (I am sure it has great views)?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was not talking about my ranking but the “SkyDemon users average score”, I found the list for France to be very good, I have been to all of them except Colmar…

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Aug 11:59

But the rating is based on “most unique visitors” which is not the same as visitor experience

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Yes that is my point lot of SD pilots are Brits and will be flying to PoE, so the French score is slightly skewed

However, the places listed are not rubbish neither in terms of visitor experience, it’s better than “asking people to vote”, you are asking “where most people have flown”, surely that is worth a visit?

I used to be amazed, but am no longer, at how many Brits fly to a N French airport, get sandwiches from a vending machine there, swap seats (so they can cost share while all onboard get a logbook entry), and fly back

Most of the places on that list are definitely not dumps

Administrator

I am sure there is value in that ranking, I just find a way to get the rankings shown on the map, the top airfield in Belgium is Kortrijk and Locarno in Switzerland, I have not been there yet and I doubt the “cost share vending machine double logbook pilots” will go that far

Last Edited by Ibra at 18 Aug 13:32

We had this “ranking score” debate on the EuroGA airports database and decided to not implement it, because it would be of minimal value, due to a high % of low value data.

Administrator

Kortrijk is worth a visit – the airport restaurant is very good but not cheap and in my experience the service is a little laid back – fast food is not in their vocabulary

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands
39 Posts
Sign in to add your message