Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Long weekend trip to EKRK (Copenhagen)

As the weather promised to be good at Copenhagen for the next days, we decided to fly north to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary there by having a nice diner. Most of you will know that Copenhagen has more restaurants with a Michelin star than you can visit in one week.
The departure at EDDS (Stuttgart) was under IR conditions and we hat to wait for 15 minutes because the departure sector was closed by Langen. We expected that something must has happened but got no information. Later that day I did receive a WhatsApp that a Piper has crashed immediately after departure with 3 fatalities. First information of the BFU was that the engine was running with full power during the accident. But the investigation are still running. It was the Piper I was flying with during the days when the Bonnie got her new engine.

As stopp for lunch and to pick some cheap fuel we decided to land at EDXR (Schachtholm). Avgas 1.75 €. Not too bad. But you won’t believe, the helicopter on the picture was slowly refueling, engine running, passengers on board.

They blocked the fuel station completely because I didn’t want to risk my antennas. I later asked on the tower if the helicopter is home based and the told me no, but from a nearby flying school. They refuel this way often, because they fear to be unable to restart the engine when shutting down. What kind of flying school is this. Hopefully the instructor skills in flight are better, then their skills on ground.

When departing and flying low level to Roskilde, we had some nice views of the danish islands. I love this area. EKRK is really a perfect GA destination. Our vaccination was checked after landing, directly on the plane and everybody was super friendly. Jane forgot to close the door correctly. Over night it popped up open and they checked for my phone number, gave me call and asked to close it for us. Great service and with 4 days of parking to pay 39 € getting this service ist excellent.
We took our Kwiggles and started the 8 km ride to Roskilde station. Then wo got the delays. During our time at Copenhagen it was impossible to reley on the public transport. At this day nearly every train hated minimum 2 hours delay, The once which send to be an schedule where canceled. Even, after we got the train to Copenhagen, we could use it only for one station and then the further transport was canceled too. All in all Roskilde – Copenhagen lasted nearly the same time then to fly form Stuttgart to Roskilde. On the way back – again many trains where canceled – we took a Taxi. Good choice, much faster and for two persons and one dog only 30 € more expensive then the train.
I could talk long about our wonderful Copenhagen days. The AirBnB-apartment near the lakes offered us an balcony to have breakfast outside every morning.

The 30 km Kwiggle ride to visit some of the city highlights was genial.

The exhibition in the cisterns by boat was like flying in the space.

The food at Keysers Social, Formel B and what we got from the food market was excellent.

And taking a small boat to have a look on Copenhagen from the seaside was a good choice.

On the way home on Wednesday we could fly VFR above clouds and this time we made a refueling landing at EDEW. Avgas 2.15 €. This was also a good choice. Compared to EDDS (Avgas 2.95 €) it saved us 160 €. The final hop to Stuttgart was flown by Jane. And with a smooth landing our 5 days adventure ended with big smile on our faces.

EDDS , Germany

I recognised some of those photos and then remembered I went there too a few years ago. A great place for a walkabout

Best wishes for your anniversary

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Very nice pictures taken. Nice bikes and camera. What kind?

EDLE, Netherlands

Congratulations Peter

The number of people in the world who celebrate their wedding anniversary flying their plane as a couple must be very very small

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

@Capitaine @Peter Thanks a lot for your congrats. And your comment Captaine made me smile.

@AeroPlus wrote:

Nice bikes and camera. What kind?

The bikes are Kwiggles, very lightweights and the Camera is nothing special, a Sony Alpha 5000 with an extra telephoto lens.

EDDS , Germany
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message