Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Mali Losinj LDLO taxi

I don’t want this to sound like advertisement but I have to share info I got from several fellow pilots recently landing to LDLO. Anyone who ever landed to LDLO knows famous “El Paso” restaurant just outside of the airport and its owner Grisa who also runs a taxi company. While he’s been offering same price for transfers across the island for years (€20-30, depending on destination), some others offer the same service for €50 or more.

I understand that €20 more expensive ride (each direction) sometimes doesn’t make much difference in great picture of whole trip but I also don’t like to overpay services just because I wasn’t informed or because someone tricked me to believe everyone charge the same. The easiest way is ask for transfer at “El Paso” (and very often get free drink while waiting ) or simply call him prior the flight and prearrange the transfer if you’re arriving in busy period.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Such small advices are both generous to give and great to have.

If I ever go there, I’ll remember that!

ESOW, Sweden

I will probably be making a quick refuelling stop in LDLO Mali Losinj on Sunday. I just learned about the El Paso and it looks fantastic.

Does anyone know if they would make a quick meal to go, for eating on the plane during the next leg. I will have a 5 hour flight back to the UK from there so an inflight meal would be great!

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

I guess they can – give them a call a check +38598799799

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Last time (August 2020), I did pay 35€ to get to Veli Lošinj (per direction) from and to the airport with it’s own taxi service. One year before (August 2019), I paid 50€ at El Paso for both directions to Veli Lošinj.

Last Edited by Frans at 02 Jun 13:07
Switzerland

Frans wrote:

Last time (August 2020), I did pay 35€ to get to Veli Lošinj (per direction) from and to the airport with it’s own taxi service. One year before (August 2019), I paid 50€ at El Paso for both directions to Veli Lošinj.

The latest info is that airport’s own shuttle is 50€ per direction while El Paso is as same as it used to be.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

They really should introduce a fare proportionate to one’s aircraft size or MTOM, no?
Paid €20 each way, but it was 3 years ago…

ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I have just landed at LDLO (again) and got the El Paso taxi added to my food bill, at 200 Kuna.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

For both directions? That sounds very cheap!

Switzerland

Thanks @Emir
Could this Info be added to the airports database?

always learning
LO__, Austria
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message