Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

A couple of crazy "local" trips during coronavirus lockdown

I am linking these here because the reports ended up hidden in the “Alps photos” thread:

Shoreham EGKA to Jungfrau Mönch and Eiger and back nonstop

Shoreham EGKA to Mt Blanc and back nonstop

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Finally I found the time to write these up properly, with pics and videos – here.

Administrator

Thanks for sharing! Fantastic write up (and also make me wonder if we are all a bit nutty in this forum to think this is completely normal things to do hehe.. )

Well, yes, the two flights were nutty as a fruitcake but they were safe in the aviation sense; any proper crap might have happened to me if I had to land somewhere.

I was expecting a heavy police presence on return but got none, and I am sure the reason was that they saw EGKA as the start and EGKA as the end and since they have no way to plot a filed flight plan route (who has?) they probably never realised I was going so far out of the UK.

Administrator

Peter wrote:

I was expecting a heavy police presence on return but got none, and I am sure the reason was that they saw EGKA as the start and EGKA as the end and since they have no way to plot a filed flight plan route (who has?) they probably never realised I was going so far out of the UK.

Are you saying that they are not 24/7 monitoring FR24? ;)

(and never meant that it would be unsafe, just nutty in general.. hehe)

I don’t think they sit there watching FR24, but probably somebody else is doing that. Every country has some sort of traffic monitoring for national security purposes.

Administrator
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message