Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Daytrip Rotterdam - Sion - Rotterdam

T28 wrote:

He’s flying to Rotterdam, not Royan…

Just 10% increase or 15min extra to a route from Sion in a fast RV, he can land anywhere after

It’s better to clear customs on airports near the borders, it makes VFR diversions way easier later on, also near border customs are usually not around or not interested, a bit further inland things gets interesting: the stop needs more than 15min, especially if you are the first guy in history to turn up there from Switzerland

I think Peter was the first guy to visit Avignon from the UK…

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Apr 16:06
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Just 10% increase or 15min extra to a route from Sion in a fast RV, he can land anywhere after

Yeah, sure. Sion – Annemasse is 30min one way, flying away from Rotterdam.

It’s better to clear customs on airports near the borders, it makes VFR diversions way easier later on, also near border customs are usually not around or not interested, a bit further inland things gets interesting: the stop needs more than 15min, especially if you are the first guy in history to turn up there from Switzerland

I am pretty sure he won’t be the first guy from Switzerland to land in Strasbourg.

By the way, Strasbourg is near a border…

T28
Switzerland

I think Peter was the first guy to visit Avignon from the UK…

and I nearly got shot

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sebastian_H wrote:

Fingers crossed that this winter season skiing trips will be doable. I was in Zell am See last fall for hiking in similarly excellent conditions, so St. Johann LOIJ, Zell LOWZ, and Sion LSGS would all be about 3h flight time away. Combined with the massive shift of my employer to enable work from home or remotely as a default, I would pack my work laptop and can ride out the weather if needs be without even losing vacation days.

I would be in for something like that. Love flying to LWZ for skiing and if done outside of main season, I guess one could easily find flexible accommodation for a couple of days to work from there…

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

I’d be up for it too. BTW for ad hoc meet-ups we have the ad hoc meet up thread which I’d say is a more productive place. Plus the EuroGA ad hoc fly-in telegram group.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message