Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2021 - Trip Wish lists

Peter wrote:

Is this not applicable in Germany?
Yes and no. It depends on which type of airport you land and if you have something to declare. In case you land at an airport with 24/7 customs service, like Düsseldorf (EDDL) for example, you can just come and land without any prior notice. In case customs officers are interested, they will meet you upon landing at the apron, or the tower will tell you to wait for customs instructions. If they don’t show up (which is mostly the case), you can be immediately on your way. Just in case you’ve something to declare (for example importing goods exceeding 430 euros per person), you’re still obliged to go to the customs office by yourself.

If you however plan to land on an airfield without 24/7 customs service, the story get’s completely different.

Last but not least: This only counts for arrivals from non-EU countries. If you arrive from non-Schengen countries, a passport check is still mandatory. In Germany, this is however a job for the federal police and not customs (except at some land borders or smaller airfields).
Last Edited by Frans at 09 Oct 08:11
Switzerland

Excellent. Well done.
I need to do the same in January so look forward to any updates on any of the great input already posted here.

United Kingdom

Well I made it to Dusseldorf.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Clearing customs is totally automatic at German customs airports. You arrive, and if they are interested, they will come to you.

Is this not applicable in Germany?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes, just „rock up“ (totally the norm in Germany). The apron service will pick you up and bring you to the GAT, which is where you will pay on the desk (on departure). It is totally straight-forward. An absolutely GA-practical (I avoid the word „GA-friendly“) airport.

Clearing customs is totally automatic at German customs airports. You arrive, and if they are interested, they will come to you.

Operationally, what you will want to familiarize youself with is the runway/taxiway layout at EDDH, and the adequate touchdown points/vacating points for all runways. There is an excellent youtube video on that out there, but it’s with German narration. I‘ll link it anyway:

Last Edited by boscomantico at 07 Oct 18:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

That is a (third party) handling agent which is located in the GAT building, but it is not the GAT itself.

They have quoted me 300EUR…

The airport fees were 69.91 + 11.88 + 6.99.

The handling fee was 190 EUR + 47.50…

boscomantico wrote:

That I believe is the company that operates the GAT. But they don’t give contact details of the desk there. And the company HQ itself is in the Frankfurt area.

I find this puzzling, too. But then again, in the case of Hamburg, there is really no need to contact the GAT beforehand. There is no PPR thing whatsoever. And the fees are well known/established, about 100 Euros for an SEP landing and a day’s parking.

So this begs the question, why that company based in the GAT have asked for that? Do I just rock up and then clear customs? Who do I pay the airport fees to?

EGSG, United Kingdom

I contacted the following at Hamburg; https://germanaviation.com/has-hamburg/

That is a (third party) handling agent which is located in the GAT building, but it is not the GAT itself.

Is this the alternative with Hamburg GAT? https://privatjet-hamburg.de/flughafen-terminal-hamburg.html

That I believe is the company that operates the GAT. But they don’t give contact details of the desk there. And the company HQ itself is in the Frankfurt area.

I find this puzzling, too. But then again, in the case of Hamburg, there is really no need to contact the GAT beforehand. There is no PPR thing whatsoever. And the fees are well known/established, about 100 Euros for an SEP landing and a day’s parking.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

No luck on Hamburg. I’ve got some starting info on EDDL and will just need to book some times with them.

I contacted the following at Hamburg; https://germanaviation.com/has-hamburg/

Is this the alternative with Hamburg GAT? https://privatjet-hamburg.de/flughafen-terminal-hamburg.html

EGSG, United Kingdom

Slot assignment / strategy discussion is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Jet Aviation have replied to me already, and have had a breakdown. 70EUR in total.

They’ve said because I’ve never been to EDDL before I’ve got to pay for NOx fee & A/P slots. 3EUR for the NOx fee and I presume A/P slots are slots right? Not sure what the A/P term is. But they’ve said 50EUR is for the slot coordination. Presume if I call this number I won’t have to worry about the 50EUR?

AIS: +49 69 78072500

Do I give them an ETA? Or an exact time?

I’ve had no luck with Hamburg yet…

EGSG, United Kingdom
73 Posts
Sign in to add your message