Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2021 - Trip Wish lists

Dimme wrote:

With actual mines?

More likely rabbits, probably a couple hundreds of them.
In some places we had to taxi at less than walking pace (in a C172). That’s how bumpy.

Dimme wrote:

Why is it a published runway then?

I can’t imagine anybody lands on it, you’d need fat outback tires to roll out on that grass strip and not topple over or break something.

ESMK, Sweden

Seems like flying abroad might be very difficult this year! It might be easier flying GA actually as you can do a quick departure before Amber/Red list.

What are everyone’s favorite Beach/Holiday destinations?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Jersey seems to get cancelled for obvious reasons. But Montpellier / Beziers is still on our list, as is Portoroz / Pula or maybe the Rimini area. And the local getaways like Wangerooge and Juist of course.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

Caba wrote:

Jersey seems to get cancelled for obvious reasons. But Montpellier / Beziers is still on our list, as is Portoroz / Pula or maybe the Rimini area. And the local getaways like Wangerooge and Juist of course.

I was looking at France. There entry requirements being fully vaccinated sounds appropriate to the risk. How does this work for GA now I wonder? If it’s as easy as sending a few emails and PNR/PPR then I am happy for that. I don’t mind doing paperwork, as long as there’s some flexbility. I hope Spain follows suit because all these countries need Tourism!

EGSG, United Kingdom

Currently, from the UK, you cannot go to France or Germany, for “leisure”. The general thread is here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Does anyone know the state of the parking area thats operated by the flying club at Jersey ?

Peter wrote:

Currently, from the UK, you cannot go to France or Germany, for “leisure”

Starting from 9th June, for France, if you have 2*vax you don’t need “essential reason” and no PCR + no quaratine
If you are not vaccinate, it’s essential travel only (can’t recall the list of motifs) and PCR tests + 7 days quaratine

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

It would be great to update this general thread with that info.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Done (not taking any blame for it, Sputnik V is not yet on the list )

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I may manage to get to these places this year. Here’s hoping.

EGSG, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message