Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2021 - Trip Wish lists

Green List Destinations – 1x pre-departure antigen (rapid flow) test for your journey back from your holiday destination and 1x PCR test for day two after you return home.

I wonder what the cost of this will be. I am guessing this will put a few off?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

In the GA context, the current green list

is of little relevance.

You are allowed to do a fuel stop and escape the quarantine, but an overnight is not allowed (unless an airline pilot) so that leaves only Portugal, Israel, Iceland, Gibraltar as doable in a single day.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

You are allowed to do a fuel stop and escape the quarantine, but an overnight is not allowed (unless an airline pilot) so that leaves only Portugal, Israel, Iceland, Gibraltar as doable in a single day.

So you can route Jersey > San Sebastian en route to Porto? I suspect France & Spain will be added in the next 3 to 6 weeks, as the revalidation period is every 3 weeks.

EGSG, United Kingdom

You can refuel in France and head straight to Portugal. Great place.

LFOU, France

Jujupilote wrote:

You can refuel in France and head straight to Portugal. Great place.

Coming from the London area, where would you recommend? For fuel stop.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Stop at LaRochelle cheap fuel, decent hours, nice views, customs (looks an obvious choice to me just like Cannes & LeTouquet )

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 May 05:48
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Stop at LaRochelle cheap fuel, decent hours, nice views, customs (looks an obvious choice to me just like Cannes & LeTouquet )

Makes sense that. Means more overland route rather than out over the Bay of Biscay. What’s the storm’s like in the Summer for that routing?

EGSG, United Kingdom

Additionally, what is LPPR actually like? I am thinking of staying a week.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Forget it.

As a general rule, forget all the major airline airports in: Portugal, Spain, Italy, BeNeLux. Also Greece, and to some degree, Poland, Scandinavia and the Baltics.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

Scandinavia

That’s not really correct for Norway, all airports are fairly accessible to GA. Oslo Gardemoen requires a slot and a specific landing and paking fee, but that’s very doable. Bergen recently decide that they require slots also, but they are part of the Avinor fee system with a weekly card for all Avinor airport (except Oslo) for around 100Euro. That cover landing and parking fee as many time as you want in as many airport you want.

ENVA, Norway
Sign in to add your message