Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

2021 - Trip Wish lists

Whilst COVID-19 is ongoing, I’d thought I’d put some cheer in here. What’s everyone’s wishlist for 2021, that may end up in 2022?

Destination and Airport ICAO :)

Here’s mine: Cologne EDDK, Amsterdam EHAM, Ibiza LEIB, San Sebastian LESO & Murcia LEMI.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Realistically achievable:

• Bonn-Hangelar EDKB (visit my sister)
  • Leer-Papenburg EDWF (visit my old aeroclub)
  • Norderney EDWY (or any East Frisian island as a daytrip)

Unlikely achievable:

• Land’s End EGHC (want to revisit Cornwall, had a nice honeymoon there years ago)
  • Billund EKBI (trip to Legoland with the kids)
  • Shoreham EGKA (gotta visit Peter someday)
  • Corfu LGKR (I love Greece. If it weren’t for Covid we’d have flown to Crete by CAT in 2020. Corfu is the most realistic destination to fly GA from Germany, although expensive)
Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Just the carryover from last year, unlikely, it will fit this year,
- Lofoten (cancelled the trip just as Norway banned UK)
- Croatia (I just had enough from Peter & Emir)
- France & Morocco (usual family tour & maybe going a bit further to Canaries)

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Apr 20:55
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Lofoten (cancelled the trip just as Norway banned UK)

I had that planned for last summer, but weather that week-end and other commitments afterwards decided otherwise… I’m looking into trying this again this year, maybe we can do a meet-up then?

ENVA, Norway

St. Mary EGHE
Lofoten had also been on my list for anytime soon.

But ultimately am thinking about nice places to visit carrying a tent. Because it might still be a while until any kind of booking accomodations will be possible. Would be interesting if anyone has some tips for some warm and sunny place, where camping is allowed :-)

Germany

WingsWaterAndWheels wrote:

I had that planned for last summer, but weather that week-end and other commitments afterwards decided otherwise… I’m looking into trying this again this year, maybe we can do a meet-up then?

Yeah that would be super great, I will surely ping passing near Trondheim !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I would add LFLJ Courchevel to the list :-)

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

never been to Corfu, planning to do that in a couple of weeks. Things appear to be opening up again…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Interesting a few common destinations: Lofoten and St. Mary’s Scilly Isles on my list. I would put Álzate Brianza as I would like to get my SE Seaplane rating at Como. Even sent an e mail to FCL CAA to check whether they will still treat the Club as delivering an approved course under UK CAA rules.

In practice my first private flights are going to be to Eddsfield to get the airplane cover delivered to Cambrai for reconditioning, and to Compton Abbas as it is one of the most scenic local destinations. Hopefully the restaurant is serving take away.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

My strategy was to have plenty of ideas to materialize a few :
like leisure destinations :
- Ile d’Yeu LFEY for a wedding
- Bagneres LFCB for hiking
- Montmeilleur LFKK for holidays

or fly-ins :
- Paray for the tailwheel fly-in
- Brienne for the RSA
- Sywell for LAA RAlly
- our project of Norway fly-in in August

My club has an amazing and cheap tourer (a DR250) but between lockdowns, tech issues, other priorities, I won’t be TW checked out soon enough for many of those.
So for now, it’s circuits circuits circuits ….. and holidays by car/train

LFOU, France
73 Posts
Sign in to add your message