Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Albergo di Diffuso

I have just heard about a newish concept in Italy – Albergo Diffuso. Someone buys an old (semi) abandoned hill town and concerts the whole thing into a hotel, with rooms in converted old homes centered around the main reception dining building, hence the “diffuso” bit.

For example this one https://www.sextantio.it/en/santostefano/abruzzo/ in the old walled town of Santa Stefano in Abruzzo.

Looks like a really wonderful way to see wilder parts of Italy, support and help revitalise old towns and also healthier than cramming into city hotels.

The only problem for us is that, by definition, these hill towns probably aren’t very close to airfields, given the terrain.

Do any of the Italian experts here know of any Albergo Diffusi which are close to out of the way, Avioportolano style, airfields? (preferably with 700, 800m runway min)

Might be a candidate for a EuroGA fly in!!??

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

I’m not an expert, however for what about the Albergo Diffuso you linked there’re at least a couple of excellent solutions nearby: LIAP L’Aquila Airport with 1.400 mt runway (and a brand new owner higly considered in the area) and the AQ10 Aviosuperficie L’Aquila (650×10). Both have Mogas and Avgas, at least last summer they had. A great chance to visit one of the most beautiful area of the central Italy area with stunning overly as the Gran Sasso (9.500 ft).

LIPR, Italy

Hi
It is nice, but it will be always like that in mountain areas, all charming old constructions will be always in the Hills.
So anyways a car will be necessary or folding bike for sportive peoples.
Airfields have sometimes contact for a car rental nearby.

Gladio wrote:

L’Aquila Airport with 1.400 mt runway (and a brand new owner higly considered in the area) and the AQ10 Aviosuperficie L’Aquila (650×10). Both have Mogas and Avgas, at least last summer they had

Hi Gladio,
In september 2019, i wanted to go there LIAP and asked Aeroporto dei Parchi l’Aquila and i get the reply :
“non è disponibile AVGAS e la Dogana su richiesta ha un costo di € 180,00.”
No Avgas and customs available on request.

Where did you found information about Avgas ? Did you went there ?

LFMD, France
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message