Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Fuel stop near Leipzig

I am looking for a fuel stop at Leipzig or near Leipzig. It is a fuel stop on flight from Lydd, UK, to Poland. Must be GA friendly. Any suggestions please

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Leipzig is GA friendly but taxiing to the GA terminal can be some distance depending on runway in use.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter thank you. Bosco has suggested EDAZ and I checked out their website so that would do the trick. I have e mailed them.

I should also look to alternates slightly prior to Leipzig or Schonenhagen along the route. I will check SD again.

Thanks, Steve

Last Edited by BeechBaby at 10 Sep 15:12
EGPF Glasgow

Erfurt might also fit your needs

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I flew to Leipzig last week. No long taxi ride anymore as they moved the GA terminal right next to the main terminal. Very friendly people and great service.

EDLE, Netherlands

Thank you. Will check that out also. Is it an FBO or do the airport handle GA?

EGPF Glasgow

EDAZ is the most efficient pure GA airport in the area. They also offer passport control which you will need coming from the UK. EDDP, EDDC, EDDE should also work just fine. I would look which is on your great circle track. There are many small fields which would also work but as you need passport control I would stick to the bigger ones.

EDAZ and EDDE (any maybe others) will accept “AeroPS” app payment for landing fees and some for fuel. If you have that set up at least at EDDE you can also pay the fuel without leaving the airplane. Last time I was there I was on my way in no time.

If you also need to rest I would go for EDAZ. You can sit outside and have a drink and snack right next to the apron which often is not available at the big airports.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Thank you Sebastian. EDAZ looking like the favourite at the moment.

EGPF Glasgow
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message