Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Frankfurt Hahn EDFH

Hahn is well into the three digits. Avoid.

Keep in mind that Mannheim is heavily restricted for IFR landings, and for MEP landings in general. You can’t legally land there unless you have fulfilled certain conditions. See AIP.

The general Frankfurt area is terrible for IFR flyers. There is not a single pleasant IFR airport within many miles.

Saarbrücken might be OK for your purposes.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 10 Jun 12:51
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

If you want to refuel in the aera maybe go to Giebelstad EDQG, just make sure they are open. They have rather cheap JetA1 (currently 2,25 EUR / liter with all taxes private which is well below other places) low fees and IFR procedures without much traffic.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Thanks. I’m pretty sure I’ll land to Liege EBLG – EDFH and EDFM are alternates, although there are few other airports in Belgium and France which I can use in case something goes wrong at EBLG.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

If you’re ok with VFR-only then I’d recommend EBZW or even EBST iso EBLG. Much cheaper !

EBST, Belgium

If you should choose EDFM to refuel, this is the bizarre regulation you have to follow. It’s odd but OTOH it’s just a declaration you have to send, so not too much pain.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message