Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To Schiphol EHAM or not next weekend?

So we have a hotel already paid for (as part of a now-cancelled cruise) and I’m tempted to fly into Schiphol next weekend from Shoreham EGKA – I haven’t had many flights lately but Schiphol should be quieter than usual.

It is allowed for UK citizens to enter NL since yesterday but a 14 day quarantine in arrival is “strongly recommended” this would make a two night stay impractical- but it’s only a ‘recommendation’… what would you do?

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

Stay at home.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Charming!!

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Did you ask the hotel is you can rebook for another date, maybe next year?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

The question was what would *I*do – my answer – for me – remains the same. Other people are free to make their own risk assessment

@peter_mundy understood… but what makes you say that?

TB20 IR(R) 600hrs
EGKA Shoreham, United Kingdom

Life in Amsterdam is slowly returning to something reminiscent of normal but for me the rewards for taking the risk are not sufficient. Restaurants and bars are opening but with heavy restrictions. Access to museums is limited. Sex workers are going back to work but must use positions which lower the risk of spreading the virus.

I’d stay at home too, it’s not ‘only a recommendation’, but it’s strongly advised to go in to quarantine. I wouldn’t be able to comply and if I didn’t have urgent business in Amsterdam, I’d stay put.

Would you be able to return to the UK without going in to quarantine?

EHTE, Netherlands

The quarantine rule will go away as of next Monday I hear.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

The quarantine rule will go away as of next Monday I hear.

It was, I am led to believe, a ‘tit for tat’ ruling whilst the UK was insisting that everyone quarantined for 14 days.
Once the UK relaxes that rule (which my radio says it is doing, as I type, on July 10, ) I am certain that others – including The Netherlands – will do the same.
There is a good EU web site: Reopening Europe after Covid which is updated, I believe, every four hours with the latest news.
I would check that for the latest information.
I am planning a fly-out to Kiel on July 14 and, hopefully, will be going.

Last Edited by Peter_G at 03 Jul 10:13
Rochester, UK, United Kingdom
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message