Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR to Ibiza LEIB feasibility

I can’t due to work but I’m very eager to know how this will play out !

EBST, Belgium

airways wrote:

I can’t due to work but I’m very eager to know how this will play out !

I’ll update all regarding the slot. I’ve now got the number for the Slot Manager for Iberia at AECFA, so will wait till 15 days prior.

I plan on CC’ing AENA into the email to Iberia confirming my times of arrival and will ring them too. AENA have said I don’t need permission to land, just a SLOT and Handling agent. I think I may dress up, especially for the return as I can’t imagine without that + GENDEC it’ll be easy to get back to the airplane. Unless someone has done it recently?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Tip re fuel at Ibiza. You have to taxi to the Avgas pump, next to an old office in a shipping container close the GA terminal. It was an incredible faff. The refueller can take ages to arrive, up to an hour. And the fuelling and payment process is very slow. So last time I went there I made sure to have enough fuel on board to get me back to the first convenient airport in France, Beziers in my case.

Upper Harford private strip UK, near EGBJ, United Kingdom

Eager to learn about the outcome. If you happen to get away with 93 Euros total for a week in Ibiza, I guess that qualifies for the „EuroGA no-handling award 2022“.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 03 Jul 05:35
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Buckerfan wrote:

Tip re fuel at Ibiza. You have to taxi to the Avgas pump, next to an old office in a shipping container close the GA terminal. It was an incredible faff. The refueller can take ages to arrive, up to an hour. And the fuelling and payment process is very slow. So last time I went there I made sure to have enough fuel on board to get me back to the first convenient airport in France, Beziers in my case.

I am thinking of stopping en-route in France anyway. Potentially Montpellier or if winds are better via BoB then Bilbao then across Madrid.

I want to fill JetA1 so would need details of JetA1 fuel providers and not AvGas, which means It may be easier for me to fill in Southern France and leave the Ibiza re-fuellers alone. I’ll speak to AENA and try get contacts for refuellers.

boscomantico wrote:

Eager to learn about the outcome. If you happen to get away with 93 Euros total for a week in Ibiza, I guess that qualifies for the „EuroGA no-handling award 2022“.

It could be a complete and utter tits up, but if I manage that then I will be happy. If Iberia take me to/from the aircraft and main terminal safely and securely and I pay them, then pay AENA. Then yes, result.

EGSG, United Kingdom

I am thinking of stopping en-route in France anyway. Potentially Montpellier or if winds are better via BoB then Bilbao then across Madrid.

Beziers LFMU is great stop, landing fee for refueling is below €15 and fuel is much cheaper than in Spain – I guess at today’s prices is more than €1/l of difference.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Don’t GO/leave IFR to LEIB in Summertime. Slot system is not friendly for GA. File a Z/Y FPL and you are good to go. Use Iberia as handling agent with only minibus to commercial terminal. On the way back to the a/c go to H Security filter in the commercial terminal and they will pick you up there.
Total cost is around 20€.
Enjoy.

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

Emir wrote:

Beziers LFMU is great stop, landing fee for refueling is below €15 and fuel is much cheaper than in Spain – I guess at today’s prices is more than €1/l of difference.

BEZIERS won’t let me clear customs, will they? I see it’s on request or when flights are scheduled. Presumably a Ryanair or two? Can this be resolved by just clearing at Ibiza and only tech stopping in Beziers? I can return refuel with AIR BP in Beziers?

speed wrote:

Don’t GO/leave IFR to LEIB in Summertime. Slot system is not friendly for GA. File a Z/Y FPL and you are good to go. Use Iberia as handling agent with only minibus to commercial terminal. On the way back to the a/c go to H Security filter in the commercial terminal and they will pick you up there.
Total cost is around 20€.
Enjoy.

When you say and many people have informed me not to go IFR in Ibiza, is that because you’ll be penalised heavily or is it down to the fact that it’s hard to get one because of the traffic level? I feel like mid-summer being IFR will get me in and out quickly rather than plodding along VFR low level before getting IFR clearance and then being looped around at low level because easyJet is on a 20-mile final. I’ve worked out how to do 130-140 GS in this thing down the ILS now, so I usually keep big airports happy.

Did you just put Iberia in your RMK/ in 18? Or spoke to them? They was too busy to respond to me or talk. Thanks for the advice.

GENDEC and PASSPORT ready helps right?

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 05 Jul 20:38
EGSG, United Kingdom

BEZIERS won’t let me clear customs, will they

A number of us did that on the Andorra meet-up in October last year. No problem.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

BEZIERS won’t let me clear customs, will they?

It’s PPR (I think 24 hours) but I don’t see that as a big problem. You’ll know a day or two before the trip if you’re flying or not because you’ll have pretty much precise weather forecast at that time.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message