Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Rumour: Toussus LFPN to get customs/immigration from Jan 2020

I think some “undocumented” scheme has been in place for Paris because, after the Paris “GA” airports lost immigration/customs, bizjets from Biggin were still flying there (Toussus, IIRC). I saw them depart. One of the pilots was a friend of mine and he said “with money, anything is possible”.

I wonder what the fees are, and maybe this scheme will be an official version of it? If they price it right then people may well pay it. Bergerac LFBE is already charging €50 just for this, which is steep given they have 24/7 police anyway due to being an airline airport…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I think some “undocumented” scheme has been in place for Paris because, after the Paris “GA” airports lost immigration/customs, bizjets from Biggin were still flying there (Toussus, IIRC). I saw them depart. One of the pilots was a friend of mine and he said “with money, anything is possible”.

There is no such thing… With money of course you can pay the fine if they catch you.
The thing is, it’s looks like nobody cares and nobody check where you come from. It can work a few time until you get caught.
A guy operating a nice biz jet who were based into Pontoise continue to fly to Ukraine after they lost there Port of Entry. He finally got caught and move to Le Bourget

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

However, French ATC can see it clearly, and before that anybody can see the flight plan.

Administrator

French ATC and AROs definitely do not check for customs requirements. Maybe somebody else does. But they don’t send Rafales to catch you

LFOU, France

Peter wrote:

French ATC can see it clearly, and before that anybody can see the flight plan.

Fly to un-towred non-customs airfields with no FPL but you will have to be FR-only compliant (joking obviously )

Jujupilote wrote:

Maybe somebody else does

No one actually, but sure if you make money out of it (e.g. AOC trips, ATO training, selling drugs…), everybody will be after you !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

French ATC and AROs definitely do not check for customs requirements. Maybe somebody else does.

I believe you, of course, but still find it surprising that there is no “system” whereby irregularities would be noticed. Look how much you know about this and you are “just a private pilot”, like me and most others here. Well, unlike most pilots in any given country, you’ve flown abroad a fair bit. Anybody actually working inside the system will know perfectly how it works (unless they are utterly incompetent) and if they see a FP from LFPT/LFPN/etc to EGxx they will know instantly that somebody is taking the p1ss … or perhaps Mr Macron is on the flight?

It’s like those debates about homebuilt privileges. It takes just one half smart plane spotter in the tower to recognise one of these.

It is certainly true that in the early years of my ~20 year flying time, Brits mostly disregarded the regs on this. They didn’t do the GAR either The internet “didn’t exist” before about 2005 and while today not many read the AIPs, back then nobody had ever seen one. And nobody in France enforced it. I am sure they do today; I have never been “turned over” in France but have been met by airport police many times, and these people must know the regs.

Administrator

Jujupilote wrote:

This would upset the neighbors (like anything that would attract traffic).

Just read an interview of the independent mayor of Toussus, who is a pilot. There’s no mention of customs or immigration, but I don’t think it’s ever going to happen. The aerodrome is owned by Aéroports de Paris, not the village, so any change would have to come from this level. The noise complaints come from other villages outside the circuit, and relations have broken down since the end of the ‘covid-silence’. There’s a bit about her on the AdP website.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

mayor of Toussus, who is a pilot.

Very interesting article about her in the most recent FFA magazine (equivalent of AOPA Pilot).

LFMD, France

My understanding Toussus is not getting PAF police anytime soon (it has customs as it’s already “aeroport douanier”), the plan to get them went to the rats with CV19 and various neighbours agreements…pity as they were few weeks on Jan/Feb 2020 where police had their desks & chairs fully setup

ADP has zero appetite to make LFPN a point of entry (POE/PPF), the agreement is any traffic of that sort (from Biggin, Geneva, Moscow) has to go to LeBourget

The concession for direct UK non-pax flights from UK to Toussus no longer applies after Jan21, still flights from the likes of Switzerland & Croatia are still possible but the operator ADP is definetly not keen on updating AIP entry…Melun is the most likely candidate as they are not ADP but they are financially in the red these days (no ATC, no SIV) as their traffic count went to zero

PS: Yes, the Mayor is a star, she did stuty aeronautical engineering, scored ATPL TK and also nailed her CPL during the lockdown

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 May 19:31
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am still struggling to understand the current situation of French airports, Schengen, etc.
If I want to fly to LFPN directly from the Netherlands (on a PH- aircraft), can I simply file a flight plan and go?
Thank you!

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message