Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Tallinn EETN costs

This is a remorseless trend in the Nordics…

Stockholm Bromma, Helsinki Malmi, now this…..

Whose next?

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

arj1 wrote:

I think @ivark might know more…

Not really.. I know that some people are actively looking for suitable land near tallinn, but so far no luck. Indeed those rates don’t apply to locals- but its completely unclear for me how the “local” is determined. At least the manager at Tartu airport (which is a subsidary of EETN) told me that their bookkeeping system don’t really use the term “based aircraft” – for tiedown at EETU everybody pays the “visitor” fee- (they are both really low, abut 1EUR/day and maybe 0.9 for “based” aircraft). For tallinn, the regulation is very unclear. Yes, there is a paragraph saying that non-based aircraft etc. need to use follow-me car. Is that equal to “basic handling”- I’m not sure.I haven’t found a line about mandatory handling anywhere. When I landed in tallinn first time in my OY reg piper, I got followme and paid something for it, but certainly not the full amount of handling fee of that time. I also spoke to the president of our pilot union, he said that his aware of the new pricelist and complaints, but it seems that he does not especially want to touch the issue, to avoid the situation where the airport decides to end the inequality and start applying the handling fees to tallinn based planes also.

EETU, Estonia

ivark wrote:

I know that some people are actively looking for suitable land near tallinn

The trouble is that usually any land anywhere use near a big city is very expensive. So based and landing fees need to be sufficient to justify that cost, which means that there is no real saving.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

boscomantico wrote:

The issue that sometimes stops this from happening is that based GA does normally not pay these handling fees; they only play landing fees and local hangar / tie down rates and if they are reasonable, they have no reason to flee
Exactly. This is the case at many airports, like Amsterdam, Maastricht, Geneva, Zurich, Buochs… to name a few.
Switzerland
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message