Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA IR currency

I got my FAA IR end of Jan this year in FL. But due to circumstances, I got no opportunity to fly IFR in the meantime. To ensure currency, I need to do 6 approaches. I am in Belgium till the end of the month (living in Ukraine) and I am looking for options how to realise that. I did my IR in a 172 with Garmin 1000. So if someone knows a N registered 172 with Garmin 1000 for rent or even better a N certified simulator in Western Europe, I would be happy to hear from you.

Thanks, Jacques

Belgium

You will need to do an IPC with a CFII. Since your currency has lapsed for so long, you can't just do 6 approaches (plusm holdings and intercepting tracking exercises btw) with a safety pilot.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Sorry, it was end of Jan this year :-) Seems like time is flying too fast!

Belgium

So, in that case you can either do the 6 approaches under simulated IFR with a safety pilot) or (as you are still current) you can do them alone, but then you would have to do the approaches under IFR (no simulated IFR without a safety pilot).

You don't need to do the approaches in an N-reg.

To maintain the FAA IR 6/6 rolling currency, you could do it in a Mongolian registered Cessna 150 in the Galapagos Islands (assuming there is an airport there with an instrument approach).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sur, you are right. But he needs an N-reg. if he wants to fly as PIC. Do you want to?

So it seems that if I do 6 approaches including holding intercept and tracking in an airplane or certified simulator, I am good to go. No need to be FAA registered.

So I am looking for a certified simulator with a Garmin 1000 layout in or near Belgium. Do someone knows where I can find that?

Belgium
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message