Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA classroom requirement for theory training (100% remote now)

This is a great move forward.

Most older people have busy lives and travelling to some FTO to sit there for days while staying in some sh1tty hotel is no fun and a big waste of time.

This is one of a list of factors why US GA is so much healthier than European GA. The CBIR and now the BIR have addressed some of these but the bulk of the list remains firmly in place Accordingly the CBIR has done hardly anything to improve the number of private IRs actually appearing and flying.

By European “make money off everybody possible” standards, this is dynamite.

Whether it will change what actually goes on in the 80-100k CPL/IR FTOs is another matter. They will use A-A’s argument: better control of people when they are sitting in the room. And most are very young so are used to sitting in a room for hours; they have been doing just that since the age or 5 or 6

The Swedish higher education funding system is a different topic and you can’t do it for vast numbers of foreign students.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

while staying in some sh1tty hotel

You get what you pay for. If you can afford an IR, you can take a nicer hotel if you feel the need.
My dad once stayed for weeks in a really cheap hotel for some flight training. He liked it (but most would have run away).

Peter wrote:

The CBIR and now the BIR have addressed some of these but the bulk of the list remains firmly in place

I think the way out is clubs becoming ATOs and training for the IR. Their problem is they can’t organize a full-time flying boot camp to train someone in 2-3 weeks. So the student has to live roughly in the area and make it over months.
Some clubs make it happen in the middle of nowhere : https://sites.google.com/site/acredonnais/bienvenue/actualit%C3%A9s-2023
I think the other pb of the IR is that IR means owning or sharing an aircraft. So increasing the IR population is blocked by :
- the obstacles to the IR itself
- the obstacles to aircraft ownership

LFOU, France
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message