Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is it possible to sit EASA PPL exams online?

Is there any school in any country that allows you to sit all the 9 EASA PPL written exams online and have those results count towards getting your PPL?
It appears something like this exists for CAA, but was looking for something like that for EASA

Later edit: by online, I mean to sit the exams online, for example from home.

Last Edited by The99percenter at 19 May 17:54
Switzerland

In the UK they are now online but need to be supervised, usually at your flight school.

EGSU, United Kingdom

Sorry, I meant if it’s possible to sit exams online from home. I edited the post above so it’s more clear.

Switzerland

As far as I know, you can’t sit the exams at home.

Last Edited by Fernando at 19 May 18:05
EGSU, United Kingdom

I can’t see this ever possible because you could get somebody to do it for you

The FAA exams have been online for at least 20 years but also supervised.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

As far as I know, you can’t sit the exams at home.

You can do exams online in the examiner home on a weekend

I think Sweden offer such option

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

I can’t see this ever possible because you could get somebody to do it for you

There is a whole industry now which offers supervised online exams. If done right it doesn’t add a whole lot of cheating possibilities compared to an exam where you have to attend in person. That is, in theory. In reality the exams get supervised by a bunch of script monkeys highly motivated IT experts from India who don’t even bother to look at your passport thoroughly watch you throughout the whole exam. But this doesn’t really matter when no one really checks who shows up for an exam. I could have sent my mum to do the practical PPL skill test and I believe (don’t remember 100%) also the exams for PPL and BZF.

EDQH, Germany

Ibra wrote:

I think Sweden offer such option

You can do the exams online at whatever place is acceptable to the invigilator. (Who must be present.)

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 20 May 07:42
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

In the field where I happen to earn my money they introduced online exams two years ago. One specific exam is quite hard, with a typical pass rate of around 30%. In the first online exam pass rate was more than 95%.

Germany
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message