Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

My journey as an American pilot (PPL-A + IR) transitioning to Europe

dutch_flyer wrote:

My flight plans were just FAA forms which have no date. They’re of course really just intended for use by the pilot and not any kind of official record.

Were these flights in the US or in Europe? If in Europe and submitted to EUROCONTROL, didn’t you receive an ACK message per e-mail?

Last Edited by wbardorf at 15 Oct 15:52
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

dutch_flyer wrote:

My flight plans were just FAA forms which have no date. They’re of course really just intended for use by the pilot and not any kind of official record.

You can print the flight plan from from ForeFlight or copy it to a pdf file. If you have not deleted your flights, the form still exists and it will include the DOF/ date setting. If will help to retrieve your flight plans, this might be possible and you can 1:1 with me.

KUZA, United States

Finally the saga comes to an end! Yesterday (after another two weeks) I got yet another request to show the 50 hours, because they “couldn’t find them”. I was about to resend my logbook pages for the fourth time and try to explain it yet again, but instead decided to try to call them. In the past I have waited days or weeks to get a call back, but I got lucky and was able to speak to someone directly. She told me the US format logbook was confusing, and they didn’t know where to look. Keep in mind I’d literally drawn boxes around the relevant column to make it clear, and annotated the logbook on every page after the first round of confusion. Anyway, I was able to help her understand, and she said she would explain it to the assessor. In a dramatic 180 in customer service, I received it today via post!

EHRD, Netherlands

Congratulations!

I don’t understand this license entry:

IR – SE CB ???

“CB” is not a license but a course. It has no relevance…

always learning
LO__, Austria

dutch_flyer wrote:

In a dramatic 180 in customer service, I received it today via post!

Do they read EuroGA ?

Snoopy wrote:

“CB” is not a license but a course. It has no relevance…

I agree but no ATPL/IR TK theory => “CB” or “CBIR” written somewhere (even if you do “full IR course” instead of “modular CBT/CBIR” for the practical training)

I had “CBIR” in CAA PPL and now “CB” in DGAC PPL, I was told I can get it easily removed by simply doing the ATPL TK exams, well let’s see

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Oct 17:53
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I agree with @Snoopy. What is the actual restriction being indicated by the CB entry? ATPL is a licence/certificate, not a rating, as in PPL, CPL, ATPL. The IR rating privileges should be the same regardless of the course that was taken. Or are there two full IR ratings, one for ATPL and one for PPL? If so, that should be in the name and the differing privileges should be defined somewhere, similar to what is being done for the BIR rating. It looks like some countries don’t understand the difference between a licence/certificate and a rating.

LSZK, Switzerland
46 Posts
Sign in to add your message