Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA High-Altitude Endorsement in Europe!!

Hi,

Anyone know where I can get this endorsement (High-Altitude Endorsement) in Europe?
I also need a pressurised aircraft for this endorsement.

thanks

ESGT/ESGP, Sweden

www.fta-flugtraining.de can probably do it on a Piper Meridian or Jetprop. I did mine there but I brought the plane.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

@ABCD, you might want to check the current requirements. They have changed and do not require an actual flight anymore, but can be done in a simulator.
Full info here: https://www.faasafety.gov/WINGS/pub/accreditedactivities/accreditedActivityViewer.aspx?aaid=%2022990

You still need to do the ground school, but that can be done by distance learning, e.g. see here: https://www.kingschools.com/aviation-courses/professional/high-altitude/endorsement

It is instructive however, to get into a barymetric or O2 depletion chamber to see your reactions to lack of O2. A few years ago the FAA offered this for free here in L.A. and I did what amounted to the ground school part. The really interesting thing was how different the reactions of the participants were. Some in their 60s had no problem, some in their 20s nearly keeled over. Test arrangement was an O2 depletion chamber (i.e. an enclosure where the O2 level is reduced to simulate 26k ft, but the pressure is ambient). IIRC we were in there for 3 (or 5?) minutes and had to do various tasks, such as simple arithmetic or writing down a simple clearance (e.g. fly heading 260). You might be surprised….

172driver wrote:

It is instructive however, to get into a barymetric or O2 depletion chamber to see your reactions to lack of O2. A few years ago the FAA offered this for free here in L.A. and I did what amounted to the ground school part.

I tried getting my experience in Oklahoma chamber but that trip did not go ahead…the closest I managed to exerience sudden lack of O2 was removing my cannula in LHS for 5min before descending to 8kft while another RHS keeps his O2 (another EuroGA pilot ), then swap for his turn, I can 100% say that I did not do very well compared to the other guy on all my attempts…

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Jan 21:14
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Pretty sure Orbifly in France is offering the FAA High Altitude Endorsement
Orbifly

Switzerland

I got it in at SimCom with some ground school. I’m sure there must be some sort of sim solution in Europe.

ABCD wrote:

Anyone know where I can get this endorsement (High-Altitude Endorsement) in Europe?

I am sure Aero Poznan do it (AFAIK they can do SF50 TR under EASA & FAA)

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message