Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Stop for JET-A between Barcelona and Porto?

I’m going to be flying from Sabadell to Maia in my DA42. While I’ve topped off with (very expensive) JET-A at Sabadell, Maia is 100LL only.

Any good fuel stops in the middle of Spain that are somewhat reasonably priced for JET-A, and don’t have PPR hassle?

Thanks!
Mike

You can check with Valladolid-Villanubla (LEVD) if they have JetA? they have 100LL for pistons and also turboprops and airliners sit on their ramp, it’s military & civilian airport but ops are nice and chilled, no handling and zero hassle !

The 3km runway should be enough on hot day with 5kft density altitude

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Sep 15:42
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

On this route and with JET-A1 I would say you don’t have many options. Valladolid LEVD seems to me the obvious choice. Almost in the midpoint, very little traffic, no PPR and long opening hours (albeit not during night).

Another possibility would be Burgos LEBG, but it is slightly north of your direct route and you can refuel only between 12-16 LT (or PPR outside that period)
Salamanca LESA could work also, but they have more restrictions e.g. no VFR on weekdays, earlier closing time…

LECU - Madrid, Spain

I don‘t know if prices in Portugal are generally better (or even worse) in Portugal than in Spain, but I would also consider a fuel stop in northern Portugal rather than in Spain. You should easily make Portugal from Sabadell. Braganca has Jet (HJ) and might be an option. That would also give you more fuel upon departure from Maia.

Generally speaking, one stop less in Spain is usually better than one stop more.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message